• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

27FC bilge pump placement

Albin's "power cruisers"
Coonneck
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay St Louis Mississippi

27FC bilge pump placement

Post by Coonneck »

I tried to search this with the search feature but kept coming up with only bilge in the search which numbered over a thousand hits on the site so I’ll ask again. Had to take out and engineer a high water alarm in my new to me 1984 27FC. A very tight fit in the small stuffing box compartment. Previous owner had the hose zip tied to the stuffing box to hold the pump in place. I also did this due to lack of any better idea at the time. Any suggestions on placement, rigging or adding another in the same compartment would sure be appreciated.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: 27FC bilge pump placement

Post by DCatSea »

The issue is one of personal flexibility; almost 6 years ago I installed a large capacity Rule BP in the said "stuffing block" compartment in "Mazboot". It is not an auto float, so the float switch sits for'd of the pump. The whole experience made me wish I had taken a yoga course earlier in life, but with a little help the whole thing went in and works well. Also, I have just had the 12v system upgraded and this included rewiring all three BPs, and securing the cable to ABYC specs. I also finally got round to installing a HW Alarm, which sits on the port engine support. Seems to work OK, and as long as i don't step on it when doing engine maintenance should last a while.
I'll be prepping for launch this week (after having the drive train rebuilt and a bunch of engine work done professionally at last, and bonding with a new puppy), so when everything is cleaned up I'll take some pix and post them here.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”