• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Swedish Albin prices

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Swedish Albin prices

Post by tribologist »

Check this out and cry....

https://www.blocket.se/annons/vasterbotten/albin_25_de_luxe__75/96036113?fbclid=IwAR3mFM9lHRRqNNBS9cKofr8QRRBy3tp_eojh-RPBE-vlgKmcouHqM5rlIME

110,000 SEK is $13,300. 1998 4 cyl yanmar, autopilot and awesome swim platform. How much fuel can one stuff in? Can it make it across?
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Re: Swedish Albin prices

Post by NickScheuer »

A self-bailing cockpit and large scuppers would help, along with a BIG bilge pump.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Sold to the first family seeing it.

The A25 are still one of the most popular boats for young families over there. They have the priorities right… yes all/most of their life jackets for kids are orange…. I had one like that too..,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I'm sure we'll turn a few heads on the NJ ICW in September. Scandinavia is a whole different culture.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

I have spent many evenings sitting atop the fore cabin roof and drinking hot chocolate with my grandchildren. My eldest granddaughter considers it a mandatory ritual. The perfect family boat.
Hull No. 1013, 1971
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Ah yes! The grands love jumping off the hardtop into the canal. When enough do so at the same time it sets up quite the famous snap back roll.

Family tradition indeed.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

DesertAlbin736 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:14 am I'm sure we'll turn a few heads on the NJ ICW in September. Scandinavia is a whole different culture.

I'm sure I can find images of Swedes jumping naked off the A25 into the water...
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

I checked for fun with one of the yatch transport firms and the budgetary price for Gothenburg to NY is $15,000. Volvo sell cars this way.., U pick it up at the factory, drive it around for whatever u like and return it to the factory and then u pick it up at your US dealership a month or so later. Buy one in Stockholm, do Göta kanal to Gothenburg. Fly home and then pick it up in NY and take it home! Great adventure!!!
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”