• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Show off your PNW 25 please!

Albin's "power cruisers"
SalishAire
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Olympia WA

Re: Show off your PNW 25 please!

Post by SalishAire »

An update on our buying an Albin progress: We were so taken with WillieC that we decided a 25 in somewhere in our future and notified the owner of a 27 we were looking at VERY seriously that we would not move forward on that purchase. We had high hopes on a 25 in Bend but it was sold before we could nab it. Sooooooo: we are currently in a search (N America) for a 25 in good or better condition (preferably on a salt water capable trailer). Our goal is a boat that we can comfortably trailer around N America (and thus moving away from the 27). If anyone has any leads they can send our way we would love to hear about them!

Thanks
Norman and Clarice
Olympia, WA
Norman and Clarice Gregory
A 25 Hyacinth
Lacey WA
https://claricenorman.blogspot.com/
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Norman and Clarice, it was a delight showing off das Boot. I hope you can find something closer at hand with all the bells and whistles. I will certainly keep my eyes and ears on alert.

Best of luck!
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

SalishAire wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:07 am An update on our buying an Albin progress: We were so taken with WillieC that we decided a 25 in somewhere in our future and notified the owner of a 27 we were looking at VERY seriously that we would not move forward on that purchase. We had high hopes on a 25 in Bend but it was sold before we could nab it. Sooooooo: we are currently in a search (N America) for a 25 in good or better condition (preferably on a salt water capable trailer). Our goal is a boat that we can comfortably trailer around N America (and thus moving away from the 27). If anyone has any leads they can send our way we would love to hear about them!

Thanks
Norman and Clarice
Olympia, WA

I think your making a very good decision. Can’t beat the trailerability of the 25.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Norman & Clarice,

Best of luck on your search! Rick & Heidi are great folks, glad you had a chance to meet them. The largest concentration of Albin 25's in N America is just over the border in coastal British Columbia. As seen on this Albineers of BC club website there were a number of A25's for sale over the past few years, but all of them have since been sold. Keep an eye on this website.

http://www.albinbc.com/

Of course there's all the red tape of importing across the border, which is closed to non-essential cross border travel until who knows when. Otherwise you'll have to expand your search well beyond the Pacific NW. At the moment the only Albin 25 listed for sale on Boattrader is a 1970 model for sale in Green Cove Springs, FL near Jacksonville. Says it has a 2 cyl diesel so is probably an original AD21.

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1970-al ... n-7929293/
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”