• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Boat in storage

Albin's "power cruisers"
jerridsc
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Blanchardville, WI.

Boat in storage

Post by jerridsc »

I keep checking all things albin25/27 site to see pictures of others boat projects for inspiration. There have been very few lately. Any interesting off-season pictures or projects happening?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Boat in storage

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I wish I had access to indoor pole barn storage like that!

I notice things have been a bit slow on the A25/A27 forum lately.

No big transformational upgrade projects going on right now. Just fixing a recurring bugaboo water tank leak recently that I think is fixed now & not leaking into the bilge. That & some touch up stitching on my canvas enclosure. Also installed an electronic bilge level sensor & Manual On/Off/Auto rocker switch for my PAR diaphragm bilge pump. I posted a topic with pictures on that recently. Now if I ever have the occasion to leave the boat unattended for a few days at a time in a marina slip, on a mooring, or at anchor I can have the peace of mind of an automatic bilge pump keeping things dry.

For us down here in AZ it's the start of the "on" season for local lake boating. We're still seeing sunny days with temperatures reaching the mid to upper 80s with low humidity and overnight lows in the upper 50s so from now until next April is our prime local lake boating season. After that the heat is on in triple digits from May until the end of October. We hope to be heading back to the Pacific NW next June.

We want spend nights at anchor in BC, Canada and wake up to scenes like this:
DSCN4455.JPG
https://britishcolumbia.com/plan-your-t ... ion-sound/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
SalishAire
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Olympia WA

Post by SalishAire »

Wondering if La Dolce Vita will be in port (Peoria) when we wonder through your neck of the woods in Late January early February with Salish Airstream and if so would you be up to showing her off?

Norman
Lacey WA
Hyacinth A25
Norman and Clarice Gregory
A 25 Hyacinth
Lacey WA
https://claricenorman.blogspot.com/
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

"Wondering if La Dolce Vita will be in port (Peoria) when we wonder through your neck of the woods in Late January early February with Salish Airstream and if so would you be up to showing her off?"
Absolutely! Glad to take you for a spin around the lake. We'll do dock 'n dine lunch at one of the marina restaurants. One caveat though, we'll be over in Oceanside, CA for a non-boating vacation from 2/25/22 to 3/4/22. Other than that we're mostly available on short notice. RV camping is available at Pleasant Harbor on Lake Pleasant, either dry camping in the parking lot (with dump station conveniently nearby), or if they're not booked up there are some temporary short term sites with water & electric hookups. Late January-early February should have highs ranging from upper 50s to as warm as low 70s, overnights low 40s to near freezing. Gate entry fee is $7 but is waived if you can prove you're a veteran.

https://pleasantharbor.com/

https://pleasantharbor.com/rv-resort/rates/

Camping area looks like this. Where you see scattered RV's that's the dry camping. The partial hookup sites are near the green squares near the edge by the lake. It's all dirt surface. The ramp we launch from is just out of frame to lower left. Unfortunately they've raised their RV camping prices quite a bit this year.
LP camping.jpg
Ground level view:
LP camping ground level view.jpg

Overall satellite view of the lake. Main lake is roughly 2 miles wide by 4 miles long not counting the feeder streams at the top.
LP satview.jpg
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

Post by Bearkeley »

It’s time to rebuild our head but guessing that won’t be too interesting so here’s an updated picture of our MaryJo with her new bottom and hull paint. Just getting the dingy patched, provision and wait for a good weather window then it’s off to the glades and the keys!
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

The trip does sound like a lot more fun than rebuilding the head...
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Tuckerspohr
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Bend OR

Post by Tuckerspohr »

Love the color of Mary Jo. What color and product did you use?
Tuckerspohr
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Bend OR

Post by Tuckerspohr »

Woops should have also asked for information on the bottom paint. They look great together
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

Post by Bearkeley »

Tuckerspohr wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:07 pm Love the color of Mary Jo. What color and product did you use?
Thanks! Rustoleum oyster white and also the blue (they only have one that looks this dark). We had the bottom done by the yard, Pettit was the brand
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”