• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

propeller size on A27

Albin's "power cruisers"
rockycoastcruises
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Harpswell, Maine

propeller size on A27

Post by rockycoastcruises »

I have an 1987 A27 Sport with the 6 BD1 engine and 1 1/2" shaft. It currently has a propeller that I believe was modified to fit this boat but not sure if it is the best size. It is a 4 bladed 18" RH with a pitch of 20. Anybody have the specs on what works best for them and what they might have for rpm/cruising speeds?
Thanks,
Joe
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: propeller size on A27

Post by WillieC »

For comparison purposes, and maybe more, contact your local prop shop since they have all the tools/programs to determine the right prop. You'll have to provide details about your boat/engine/transmission, etc.

If you've already done this and are looking for confirmation, my apologies.
motthediesel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thousand Islands NY

Re: propeller size on A27

Post by motthediesel »

Wow, that Isuzu has almost two and a half times the horsepower of the 4D61 in our 27FC, so anything I know about ours would be of little help to you. As Willie says, a good prop shop could help, or I would recommend reading "The Propeller Handbook" by Dave Gerr. That's a fine introduction to a fascinating subject: or the entrance into a black hole of endless speculation -- whichever you prefer! :lol:

Tom

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”