• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A27 FC spotted on Caloosahatchee River under tow

Albin's "power cruisers"
Mainer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Portland Maine

A27 FC spotted on Caloosahatchee River under tow

Post by Mainer »

Howdy,

We spend winters at our condo on the water in Cape Coral, FL, where we also keep a "deck" boat for local boating.

On an outing eastward on the Caloosahatchee River a few miles east of Fort Myers there is a fun lunch place with lunch boat slips called the Boat House. As we munched on our lunch an A27 FC came by going west (down river) under tow, and was out of site before I could get a name.

Just wondered if owned by a Forum member, and if their problem was able to get fixed promptly to get them on their way. Don't know if they were cruising or a local owner out for a ride.

While I'm typing away, have to mention I just received our 2022 Maine slip info from our Marina. Slip fee is up over 30 percent over last year. Marina has a waiting list of over 100 so there's certainly no bargaining. A sign of the times.

Dick Jones
motthediesel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thousand Islands NY

Re: A27 FC spotted on Caloosahatchee River under tow

Post by motthediesel »

30%? -- Ouch! I'm afraid with waterfront development pressures being what they are everywhere, that is just a sign of the times. It makes me very thankful to own my own dock, even if the waterfront taxes are a heavy lift as well.

Tom
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: A27 FC spotted on Caloosahatchee River under tow

Post by Norseman »

Spotted a 27FC in Fort Lauderdale the other day:
BFCC6555-2F39-4A8A-ABF2- 83D2F3EC5231.jpeg
01C07308-610B-4357-8C90-37D92BBF75FE.jpeg
Click on the picture and it should straighten out.
:shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”