• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Thumper 1975 25’ aft cabin mini pocket trawler

Albin's "power cruisers"
ssrig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: ganges

Re: Thumper 1975 25’ aft cabin mini pocket trawler

Post by ssrig »

I did a post with pictures of all the drain holes/limber holes on the 25 Deluxe.
Here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11273

Also some info on here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12136

A few of them were blocked with crud, especially the battery area one and fuel tank area, I used a fish wire on them then noticed where they go or come from. The ones for the head were weird as I think that one went aft into the battery area then forward to the forward bilge area then aft again into the rear bilge.??

People check your limber holes! Lol
smacksman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sold in New Orleans

Post by smacksman »

Once the limbers are clear, here is a trick to keep them clear. All limbers are notorious for getting blocked for a variety of reasons.
Insert a line of diameter many times smaller than the diameter of the limber. Put knots (overhand; figure of eight; etc.) a few inches apart. On the difficult access end of the line attach some bungee and anchor it.
To check the limber is free, chuck some water in the compartment with the bungee end and tug the other end. The knots will start a drain hole and the water flow will scour out the rest of the crud.
1983 Albin 27fc 'Free State' with Lehman 4D61- now sold.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

I like the knotted string idea! I have some thin welding rod in mine but that is not that effective. Keeping bilges clean is effective.. if i happen to drop some swedish candy in there I like to be able to eat it
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Thumper74
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Meridian Mississippi

Post by Thumper74 »

Howdy guys and gals. I’m still around. I’m still nibbling away at my to do list. I think you guys would be pleased with what I have accomplished so far in the v-berth. Still not done. I need more hours in a day. And more days in the week. But progress is taking place. Sorry for being away so long. Being a truck driver my honey do list is long and then my project list is longer. Sometimes the honey do list wins once I’m home. But I’m here……
“”Thumper”” Hull 2026
1975 albin 25 motorsailer
smacksman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sold in New Orleans

Post by smacksman »

Crucial to keep the honey happy.
A guy said to me 'My wife gave me an ultimatum - the boat or me. Welcome aboard!'
Happy Christmas to all and fair winds for 2023
1983 Albin 27fc 'Free State' with Lehman 4D61- now sold.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Like the guy who said he got a motorcycle for his wife.

Nice trade!

(Ba-dump)

Oh! this from Smacksman! So good to hear from you! Happy Christmas to you as well.
(I see Free State has been sold. So have all my motorcycles.)

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”