• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 27 Nissan Winterization

Albin's "power cruisers"
Stapper
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Lagoon City

Albin 27 Nissan Winterization

Post by Stapper »

Hi Everyone

We are in a northern climate and are don't want to miss anything when winterizing the Engine.
Can anyone send us a check list. Our engine is a Nissan LD

We do know how to run antifreeze through the engine and make sure pink comes out the exhaust.
But a little worried not to miss anything critical.
Stapper
Mate
Mate

Re: Albin 27 Nissan Winterization

Post by Stapper »

We got advice on how to winterize. Its not difficult.

FRESH WATER OR CLOSED SYSTEM
It involved checking the antifreez in the fresh water system. It was good to - 40°c. So we did nothing. Apperently you don't change the antifreeze unless it test below - 25 °c.

And then running antifreez (propalene glycol) through the Raw water system.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Also think about your potable water, holding tank, any pumps or valves that might hold some water. I forgot my muffler and since it doesn’t get THAT cold here, I almost got in trouble. Same with seawater strainer. You’ll be good if you run antifreeze through your raw water portion. Just think about it carefully.
Stapper
Mate
Mate

Post by Stapper »

Thanks Willie
Yes and Thank you. All you mentioned above is done. We have a Keel plug that is removed that I tie on the steering wheel so it isn't forgotten for launching.

I disconnected the hot water tank and let it draign.

I will be making a checklist for the spring and next fall.
TorreyWP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Buffalo NY

Post by TorreyWP »

In addition to the things mentioned, I like to pull the plug on the bottom of the muffler and drain sea water out prior to running propylene glycol through the system.

An extra step but it ensures it fills with full strength propylene glycol and not a diluted mixture that could freeze.
Torrey Pollard
1985 27FC
Beta 50
TorPedo
USCG 50 Ton Near Coastal

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”