• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Classic Albin keels.

Albin's "power cruisers"
Ed422
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dundalk, MD

Classic Albin keels.

Post by Ed422 »

My Swedish era Albin 30 is out and on blocks for the winter. Apparently somewhere along the line before I owned it, there was damage to the keel skeg and extension to the rudder shaft. The skeg broke off where the last (most forward) bolt was (along with the piece of keel it was screwed to). Actually, it seems the whole rudder was lost and a replacement made of stainless. Hopefully I'm using the right terms. Does anyone out there have data (or knowledge) of what the keels are made of and have any dimensions?

My plan is to have a piece of metal (stainless probably) fabricated to bolt on several inches farther up and extend back to the rudder shaft. If anyone knows where metal is, it would help me design the piece that needs to be made. I'll try to get photos (or drawings) of what is there and what it should look like.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed
Ed422
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Classic Albin keels.

Post by Ed422 »

Here are a couple pics. The angles are different. When I can, I'll try to get a better pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

I would think you can use the design of the A25 but post in the Swedish A25 forum and ask. Guys like Tony Björklund that are restoring A-30's can probably help. I don't recall seeing drawing of the A-30 at the maritime museum. I do have detail drawings on the pipe head used on the A25.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Ed422
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ed422 »

tribologist wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:50 pm I would think you can use the design of the A25 but post in the Swedish A25 forum and ask. Guys like Tony Björklund that are restoring A-30's can probably help. I don't recall seeing drawing of the A-30 at the maritime museum. I do have detail drawings on the pipe head used on the A25.
If you don’t mind sharing those drawings, I’d be very grateful.

Ed
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Here are the main ones I think. It should at least get you an idea of the concept of the pipe head design. Hopefully you can get some more dimensions and pictures from Tony or some of the other A30 owners in Sweden. Just post some images of your runner on <Albin 25 ägare> and Iäm sure people will come to help. That thing looks strange. Did the beef it up on the inside of the hull to handle that overhang.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
Ed422
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ed422 »

Tribologist, thanks a million!!!

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”