• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Thru-Hull Flush Kit Thing-a-muh-bob

Albin's "power cruisers"
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Thru-Hull Flush Kit Thing-a-muh-bob

Post by Tree »

Why not just close the sea cock and open the top of the strainer and put a hose in it?
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

You either end up with water all over the strainer compartment or not enough water for the pump. Certainly doable and a fresh water rinse of the insides of the boat is good.

I am currently dealing with a poorly designed exhaust system where the engine can easily be flooded. I am hoping I caught it in time. I say this because a full on hose pressurized raw water flush would be catastrophic. Thus I set up a bucket with overflowing water near the waterline. (Boat is on the trailer.). I let the raw water pump move the water, making sure it is primed.

For those with an installed hose connection be sure to check out how to properly use it. SeaBoard Marine has a good video. Basically leave the seacock open while running. Enough but not too much water will run through the engine.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

WillieC wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:45 am You either end up with water all over the strainer compartment or not enough water for the pump. Certainly doable and a fresh water rinse of the insides of the boat is good.

I am currently dealing with a poorly designed exhaust system where the engine can easily be flooded. I am hoping I caught it in time. I say this because a full on hose pressurized raw water flush would be catastrophic. Thus I set up a bucket with overflowing water near the waterline. (Boat is on the trailer.). I let the raw water pump move the water, making sure it is primed.

For those with an installed hose connection be sure to check out how to properly use it. SeaBoard Marine has a good video. Basically leave the seacock open while running. Enough but not too much water will run through the engine.
What has been done to your exhaust? Its not that big a deal to refresh it . A few ft of hose and a Vetus or Centek muffler. I just put a cheap Centeck check valve in mine. Mostly for fear of slosh when I trailer. Many A25 run without anything. Just the hose.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”