• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 24 Getaway

Albin's "power cruisers"
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Re: Albin 24 Getaway

Post by Dieselram94 »

tomsea wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:32 pm Do you have a Getaway?
I don’t have a getaway. But these parts are pretty universal.
Atlanticsailingman
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Fort Lauderdale, Florida Yanmar

Re: Albin 24 Getaway

Post by Atlanticsailingman »

Ahoy! I'm a brand new member and will likely be purchasing (next month, 90% certainty) a 1992 Getaway with a 170 Yanmar diesel.

I read the specs from Lab Time and wish to confirm those as well as asking any members for some more info.

Specs: Fuel tank capacity @ 144 gallons. Is/was this standard? Seems large. Fresh water tank: 30 gallons? Only one? Seems small. Standard manufacturer installed equipment includes 6 gallon hot water heater, and holding tank?

Big question on gallons per hour fuel consumption at cruising speeds of 10 to 15 knots? Per hull design, weight, etc what us the optimum speed/rpm for fuel consumption above 10 knots?

For curious minds, am planning a cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Key West, hence the need for fuel capacity and best efficiency.

Thanks all,

Capt Pat

Last: Sad to hear about Mr Collins' passing, and hoping this site continues as a living legacy to him.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”