• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Nimbus 26 on CL

Albin's "power cruisers"
11kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vashon Island, WA

Albin Nimbus 26 on CL

Post by 11kolive »

Just saw an Albin Nimbus 26 on Seattle Craigslist today. <>
In case anyone is looking for this length.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Albin Nimbus 26 on CL

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Me & WillieC were discussing that one "cheap Albin 25 for sale" post & trying to figure where it was (that thread got locked by webmaster). Thought maybe "Phoenix" had to do with Phoenix, OR & not Phoenix, AZ, 'cuz there's no such Albin 25's for sale anywhere around here. But did find that ad for the Nimbus on the Seattle CL. Actually a very interesting looking boat. Aside from the "project" issues, the engine alone is worth more than what he's asking for boat and trailer. I like the layout as much or better than the 25, and with the 9 ft 6 inch beam carried all the way aft one wouldn't have the same problem with a dinghy on swim platform snap davits as I had with my 25, not to mention being a 15 knot semi-displacement boat. And the Yanmar 4JH-HTE engine is rated at 1.0 to 1.25 GPH at 2,400 RPM. If one didn't mind doing some re-wiring & TLC it would be a smokin' deal.

Not for me though, as I've already sunk enough $$ into my 25 & need to stay with 8 ft beam for long distance trailering.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

It appears that A26 Nimbus is not longer on Seattle CL.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
fritzdfk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fritzdfk »

I looked at this boat and would have bought it but the engine was seized. It had very low hours but it sat too long.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

That can happen. Too bad. Either someone else bought it or the owners decided to take it off the market, 'cuz it's been deleted from CL. Similar situation to the guy with the Bonum 25 that was on Orcas Island. Wonder why the Nimbus didn't sell more in the U.S.? Seems this type is much more popular in Europe.

Would be fun do to this bareboat charter on the Gota Canal in Sweden. Choice of Albin 25 or A26 Nimbus among others

http://www.gotakanalcharter.se/en/boka-nimbus26/
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I think I just spoke to the new owner of this fine boat. He is new(ish) to the forum and is trying to figure out how to access it. Be patient.

He has the Yanmar 4JH.... engine that is seized. We spoke by phone this am and I think he is on the right track as we suspect stuck rings.

I'll let him speak for himself, but he is interested in help with this Yanmar and more specifically finding a mechanic in the south Puget Sound area.
Bob Noodat
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart Lake BC

Post by Bob Noodat »

I don't know if this is the same Nimbus 26 or another one after a repower, but one has surfaced on Victoria CL that looks like a nice project in a typically Swedish A25-style boat:
20210224_165501.jpg
Sought after in Scandinavia, they are quite beamy at 9'4".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
BUYADODGEIFYOUHAVETOBUYAFORDIFYOUWANTTOBUTBUYAGMIFYOUPOSSIBLYCAN
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Upon cursory look at the photo I go back to my earlier posts on that other one & add that this one has a lot of wood trim which equals more work to keep up. The wide beam makes trailering tougher which is OK I guess for the location that boat is at now. Not sure I'd like the galley in the cockpit with the back half open to the weather & lack of storage space or extra sleeping berths without having the aft cabin. On the other hand having an open stern gives more lounging space & makes it easier to climb on and off the boat. If the driveline is in good shape and the engine not worn out and depending on the extent of "restoration" needed which is tough to guess from ad photos, at $5K, which if in Canadian dollars is about $3,800 US, might be a worthwhile project for someone with the time, means, and facilities who is inclined to do so.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”