• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Propeller size

Albin's "power cruisers"
Chris G
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Aalborg, Denmark

Re: Propeller size

Post by Chris G »

I changed it last april. It was good I did, as the bronze rectangular 'key' that fits into the prop's groove was in bad shape. Crumbling in fact. So that was changed too.
As it was new, I didn't treat the prop with any kind of anti-fouling. I thought bright shinny polished bronze was not the number one on the barnacles menu. Big mistake! My 42 year old prop never had problems with barnacles.....However, by July i had to dive and scrape an inch thick layer of barnacles from both sides of the propeller blades. I am now a little bit wiser.
I managed to fit a bullet type zinc anode on the end of the retaining nut. There is just enough space between the prop and the rudder.
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

Post by OldDemps »

Chris G wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:33 am IMG_1788.JPG

Well guys, finally got round to it!
How much did that prop cost?
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
Chris G
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Aalborg, Denmark

Post by Chris G »

Hi OldDemps.
Can’t really remember, as I bought a few other bits and pieces. I know that the list price is 3600 Danish kroner. I think that it works out about 553 US dollars. Denmark is an expensive country to live in, so I don’t know how that compares with US prices.
seanT7344
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Annapolis MD

Post by seanT7344 »

I am repowering a 28 Albin with a 330 Cummins 6BTA5.9, transmission ratio 2.1 what prop size are you using?
Ambler27FC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Patuxent River, MD

Post by Ambler27FC »

Sean,

If you were re-powering an Albin 28TE you might want to try searching/post a new thread on the “Tournament Express 26-35” Forum. I believe the 28 is a planing hull while 25/27’s are displacement.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”