• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member in need of some help

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
JohnWeb1285
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic Island, NJ

New Member in need of some help

Post by JohnWeb1285 »

Hello,

I just bought an 2001 Albin TE. Can anyone direct me to a basic owners manual or a checklist on how to get it ready for launch?

Thanks,
John Webster
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Re: New Member in need of some help

Post by carolmarie »

John:
I’m afraid there’s no such thing as a basic owner’s manual for the 28TE.
Checklist is basically same as for any diesel powered inboard with the exception of the engine owners manual. Hopefully you got one when you bought the boat. If not, suggest you purchase one from the engine manufacturer’s service group; it’s a must to have and read.
Don.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Hi John
Welcome to Albin ownership and AOG. If you haven't already, you should have a look at the Documents section of this forum. There seem to be a number of TE files, and also a fairly comprehensive section devoted to many of the engines found in Albin trawlers. Also, the BoatUS webpage has a large library of checklists and manuals (not necessarily Albin, but worth a stroll through.
When I returned to boating a few years ago I also found many helpful websites written just for me; google "prelaunch checklist" or similar and you might be well surprised by the results.
US Power Squadron also has a number of very useful lists and seminars.
Hope this helps.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Post by Nepidae »

It would be nice if there were an 'owners manual' for all of the things you want to get ready for the launch, an engine is just 1 of them.
Which engine is in the boat?
Was the boat stored out of the water & if so how long?
As DCatSea mentioned that there are a number of internet locations for answers, take into consideration that some you should double check the answers on.
How are you planning on using the boat?
IF you provide some additional info and maybe more questions, the group may be able to offer some incites.
Good luck with your new boat.
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop
efishnsea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Staten Island NY

Post by efishnsea »

Best advice would be to spend a good amount of uninterupted time looking at each system so you get to know your boat. As you find things you dont understand take pics and ask specific questions. Taking your time will give you most of what youll need to know. My boat is a 2001 with Cummins power. PM me if you want to talk. Bob
Bob 2001 28 TE box with 370 Cummins Alimarie3
rigamarole
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pocasset River,Cape Cod,MA.

Post by rigamarole »

Hi John and welcome,

Which motor is in your vessel?
I have a couple of different editions of a few different mechanics manuals all with semantics .
David

Return to “New Member Introductions”