• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Guy, Old Boat

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Albin670
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tanapag, Saipan

New Guy, Old Boat

Post by Albin670 »

Greetings from Saipan!

Recently acquired a 2006 Albin 28TE. Termites + saltwater + 0 maintanence by previous owner= Oh....My....Goodness.....

Already stripped and gutted, working rebuilding now.

Came across this site while looking for manuals and specs on interwebs..... so i joined.

And, I bought a cool looking hat for my collection.

Lmk when i can access the members only library and if i need to do anything else to cut mt teeth on for initiation!
Stormy
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Barnegat Bay

Re: New Guy, Old Boat

Post by Stormy »

Sounds like you got a lot going on. I'm still looking. Good luck
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Albin670 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:14 pm Greetings from Saipan!

Recently acquired a 2006 Albin 28TE. Termites + saltwater + 0 maintanence by previous owner= Oh....My....Goodness.....

Already stripped and gutted, working rebuilding now.

Came across this site while looking for manuals and specs on interwebs..... so i joined.

And, I bought a cool looking hat for my collection.

Lmk when i can access the members only library and if i need to do anything else to cut mt teeth on for initiation!
Wow. 2006 is considered almost new to me. I have never heard of that kind of damage/neglect. Give us some details and pictures.
BTW...welcome and thank you for the donation.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

I had termites on my sailboat.
Trying everything to kill ‘em, but nothing worked.
Had to have a crew come out and “tent” the boat, except they used tape instead of a tent to seal all openings.
E2EA3492-000B-41AE-AF06-34DB2604AFBF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Albin670
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tanapag, Saipan

Post by Albin670 »

Yup. Had termite guy over yesterday. Still have active tracks going from here to there and everywhere. They say it should take about 3 weeks to kill colony.....told him to get on it or in 3 weeks they will become pirate termites.

Spent the morning cutting new panels out of pvc board and the pm cleaning milkshake out of oil pan. Got flywheel cleaned up, installed new starter and spun it over till it was shooting clean oil oit of all the pressure feed ports all over the shop.

Need to order a new turbo and pan and waiting for some other replacement parts. But my partner and i should be done in about 3 weeks. Will take pix and video to share tomorrow.

Return to “New Member Introductions”