• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2001 Albin 31TE this week!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

2001 Albin 31TE this week!

Post by REBMystic »

Hi everyone. This week we should close on a 2001 Albin 31 TE (twin Yanmars). We are very excited and used this forum to help us get up to speed prior to the decision. We are probably the typical profile: Wife and I in our 50's; 1 kid off the books and another in college. We have been boating most of our lives (sail and power). We took a break for ~ 1 year as we looked for our next boat and settled on the Albin. We hope it lives up to our expectations! It looks like this Albin is solid but needs some TLC (including engines) to get it up to snuff. Diesels are new to me, but all other work should be pretty familiar.

I look forward to using and contributing to this community!

- Rob
Mystic, CT
Go Navy! :wink:

PS. First dumb question. Is it pronounced "ALL" - bin or "AL" - bin? :?:
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: 2001 Albin 31TE this week!

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, Rob! And to answer your question...Yes. I find myself using both pronunciations.

So what's up with the twins? Deferred maintenance or worse? Dig in and you'll figure it out.
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by REBMystic »

WillieC wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:28 am Welcome, Rob! And to answer your question...Yes. I find myself using both pronunciations.

So what's up with the twins? Deferred maintenance or worse? Dig in and you'll figure it out.
Thanks for the Welcome! Yes - I think deferred maintenance. Do not get to full RPMs and the stbd engine smokes quite bit. Oil samples were all good in the Port and some diesel in the Stbd. So my diesel mechanic friends are guessing injectors. Also, time to get props reconditioned and replace cutlass bearings, so we'll see where we are after all that.
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by REBMystic »

Took delivery today of the Albin we bought a few weeks ago. Beautiful day for the ride from LI to CT. Cold but no wind and flat calm. Glad to have her close by now. The work begins! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

Congrats! Glad you had a good trip home. The 31 is my favorite of the Albin TE lineup
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”

Return to “New Member Introductions”