• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Back in boating

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Albesaurus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Connecticut

Back in boating

Post by Albesaurus »

Hello all,

I grew up fishing and boating as kid on my families various cabin cruisers in the Bronx. I got pretty serious into fishing in the late 80’s and early nineties. Eventually getting a 100 ton masters license at age 20. I co-owned a 1982 36 foot egg harbor with my father. After many years of rebuilding her and her two Detroit Diesel engines. We became unable to run her any longer when fuel went to 5 bucks a gallon in the Early 2000’s. We sold her and I have been completely out of boating since.
Twenty years later I am finally ready to get back on the water and introduce my 3 kids to the Long Island sound and beyond.
I have never been on an Albin but I know they are great boats and we are determined to buy one this winter/spring for the 2020 season. I am interested in the 28 with diesel but willing to buy a gas boat and repower in the future. I have read a lot about the different engines and styles ie flush deck/engine box configurations. Also a little concerned about the cored hulls on pre 2000 years.
If you have a Albin for sale in the area of the northeast US please contact me. I am happy to hear any info at all from Albin owners to this soon to be Albin newbie.

Nick
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: Back in boating

Post by Norseman »

Congrats on coming back.
Never heard of a gas powered Albin 28TE, but one may be out there.
The cored hulls are no big deal if you get a good survey and if you stay off the rocks.
Did you let your 100 ton ticket expire?
I was out of boating for 10 year and let my license lapse, had to do it all over again, much harder next time. :shock:

I had my 2001 28TE for 2.5 years and love it, easy to operate and easy to clean. Some of the engine maintenance can be a pain with the limited access,, but getting use to it now:
Oil and filter change is pretty straight forward but changing the internal anodes can be a hassle unless you are a skinny 12 year old.
Welcome aboard. 8)
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Albesaurus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Connecticut

Post by Albesaurus »

Thanks Norseman,

Yes i have just renewed my ticket for the fifth time in 2018. I dont think i can pass those tests again...
I used to go to the Hudson canyon in the late ninties on a charter boat named Norseman II out of Freeport LI. No relation i’m guessing but have to ask.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

. I used to go to the Hudson canyon in the late ninties on a charter boat named Norseman II out of Freeport LI. No relation i’m guessing but have to ask.
Nah, no connection.
Been in Florida since the late 90s with various boats.
Now running charters on my Albin 28TE:
www.odincharters.com
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Austinfan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hansville, WA

Post by Austinfan »

Hi,
I joined back in 2017 in anticipation of getting a boat, finally did. I have a 06 28 TE Flush deck with the Yamar.
It needs a little love but hope to up and running by spring. Eventually it will be moored in Hansville WA, I am expecting my slip to open up in the July time frame.
I will be excited to hear about a roundiview if any planned this year.
BRgds,
Austinfan
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Austinfan: Came across your Jan 18 post and wondered where Hansville, Wa. is located.
Found you are in my mind the Worlds Finest Boating arena. Had several boats in your neck of the woods actually Anacortes, Wa since 2010. Two of the boats were fine Albin's.
I currently have a 2006 Albin te 28 with trailer and the 315 Yanmar. Both of my previous
Albin's had twin 315 Yanmar's which are fine power plants.
Was also one of two then members that got the PNW Albin group going. Hope to see it active again after Covid. We always met after the Seattle Boat Show to plan the summer cruise which were some great times. I am back home in Trinidad, Ca. but missing the NW Cruising.
Enjoy your 28te there in God's boating world.
Howard
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Hansville is the top of the Kitsap peninsula, near the mouth of Hood Canal.

Return to “New Member Introductions”