• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member in Annapolis, MD

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
LeeHob
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

New member in Annapolis, MD

Post by LeeHob »

I'm a new member of the AOG. My wife Sharon and I just sold our Tartan 37 sailboat. We live on Spa Creek in Annapolis, MD. We are hoping to become new owners of a 2000 or newer Albin 31 TE or Albin 28 TE Newport Edition. We love what we've learned about the Albins and believe owning an Albin TE will allow use to explore the vast waters of the Chesapeake Bay and beyond. Reaching out to other members of the group for guidance in purchasing an Albin.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New member in Annapolis, MD

Post by jcollins »

Welcome Lee,
We have a few members in your area. A 28 will allow you to cruise the Chesapeake safely and comfortably.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome Lee!

Can't help with advice on TE's. We met a couple of TE owners in Cambridge YC in 2015 when we had our Albin 25 back there & cruised down the Nanticoke from Blades, DE to Solomons, St. Leonards Creek, Oxford, Cambridge, & St Michaels. Someday we'll go back there again, but in the fall instead of July.

Speaking of Tartan 37, they are nice boats. Once back in 2008 we had a Catalina 25 that we were planning on taking out to San Diego for the summer. We took a scouting trip out there ahead of time & drove over to Glorietta Bay on Corondo Island and paddled around in our inflatable kayak. There's a small anchorage there and as we paddled by a Tartan 37 was anchored there. I recognized the Tartan logo & called out "nice Tartan" to the owners who were sitting in the cockpit drinking beer & snacking on brie and crackers. They were impressed that we knew what kind of boat that was & so they invited us to come aboard & we hung out for a while sharing their Corona beers & brie cheese & crackers.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Welcome to AOG and the Albin-driver's view of Chesapeake Bay. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time discovering the back-bays and rivers of one of the US's greatest marine treasures.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “New Member Introductions”