• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member Ketchikan AK

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Dpetrey2001
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Ketchikan AK

New Member Ketchikan AK

Post by Dpetrey2001 »

New to the site new owner of an 80s ish Albin Fc 4-D61 soon to be replaced. Going to go with a 4Bt Cummins. And be able to get parts for the next 100 years. Boat came with the custom trailer it’s suppose to have and it’s been sitting on the hard sense 02. I may have payed to much at 15k but with the trailer I think it was a good price. So I may part out the old engine for you guys who need parts as it has 1200hrs on it.
Dpetrey2001
Deckhand
Deckhand

Re: New Member Ketchikan AK

Post by Dpetrey2001 »

Ok once I have the boat I’ll let you know.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Welcome Dpetrey! Did you get a 27' or 25'? I should know by the engine size, but I don't...
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
Dpetrey2001
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Dpetrey2001 »

I have the 27FC. Needs a good cleaning and stuff like new upholstery and to be put in the water and run. Thank goodness I have the trailer but I’m sure I’m going to have to go thru all the wheels and bearings and everything.
MagicDragon
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Florida

Post by MagicDragon »

hello , did you happen to have pumps for sale?
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Thank goodness I have the trailer but I’m sure I’m going to have to go thru all the wheels and bearings and everything.
$15K sounds like a good price if the boat & trailer are in generally good condition. Naturally going through hubs, brakes, bearings, & replacing tires etc is just normal maintenance, especially something that's been sitting stored in Alaska's climate for 18 years. Tires need to be replaced every six years anyway regardless of mileage or tread depth. Lots of good cruising up there. Good memories for us from a Princess Alaska cruise we did up there back in 2007.

Alaska cruise itinerary pg1.jpg
CIMG0642.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Dpetrey2001
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Dpetrey2001 »

Yes they are in good shape except the lack of main Nguni parts it my get a little sailing with that before I pull and repower. Price was good for trailer and boat. Yep that’s Ketchikan and there was no cruise ships this year not a single one. The climate isn’t to bad you just put a boat condom on it shrink wrap it
Dpetrey2001
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Dpetrey2001 »

Magic dragon what pumps are you looking for not sure what your after.
Dpetrey2001
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Dpetrey2001 »

Magic dragon haven’t heard from you as to what pumps your after.

Return to “New Member Introductions”