• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member Falmouth ME

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
ChucksSeaQuell
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Falmouth ME

New Member Falmouth ME

Post by ChucksSeaQuell »

Just purchased 28 TE formerly "Islay", formerly "Dogonit", 2003 flush deck with Yanmar 6LPA-STP. After 30 years of sailing, physical condition and building impatience "getting there" has moved me to the dark side. Moving from top speed of 7.5 knots to 20 plus sure makes the lobster pots come up quickly. My wife and I believe the boat well suited for weekends at a great variety of places along the downeast Maine coast. Systems are systems any any new boat requires learning the systems. I am optimistic that AOG will be a great resource for this process. I'm already up against it figuring out the forward float switch wiring and tracking down a maddening creaking under the helm. Lot's to learn, definitely worth it, I really like the ride.

ChucksSeaQuell
Chuck G.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: New Member Falmouth ME

Post by Nancy »

Congratulations and welcome aboard!
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Welcome aboard: Lots of Ex-Sailors ending up on the dark side with Albins.
Must be a reason for it, love ❤️ mine.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Luvinlife
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rhode Island

Post by Luvinlife »

Good luck. I met the original owner Jack and his dog a few years ago. Beautiful boat.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Welcome!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

ChucksSeaQuell wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:55 pm Just purchased 28 TE formerly "Islay", formerly "Dogonit", 2003 flush deck with Yanmar 6LPA-STP. After 30 years of sailing, physical condition and building impatience "getting there" has moved me to the dark side. Moving from top speed of 7.5 knots to 20 plus sure makes the lobster pots come up quickly. My wife and I believe the boat well suited for weekends at a great variety of places along the downeast Maine coast. Systems are systems any any new boat requires learning the systems. I am optimistic that AOG will be a great resource for this process. I'm already up against it figuring out the forward float switch wiring and tracking down a maddening creaking under the helm. Lot's to learn, definitely worth it, I really like the ride.

ChucksSeaQuell
Chuck G.
Hey Chuck,

I'm Jack K. the original owner of Dogonit :) I had a great 14 years with that boat and still pop in here every now and again to see what's new. Best of luck with her. She treated me very well.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “New Member Introductions”