• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello all.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
KatieAnne
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Gananoque Ont.

Hello all.

Post by KatieAnne »

First i would like to thank you all for accepting us in the AOG group. My lovely wife and I recently retired and just became owners of a 1984 Albin 27 FC. We are so looking forward to traveling southward to warmer destination's.
Cheers
M & M
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Hello all.

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, Katie Ann with an E.

Gananoque is where one of our A25ers calls home, whom I suspect will show up here.
Post some pics when you figure out how and do keep us informed of your travels.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Welcome to AOG. We have owned “Mazboot” for 5 years, and she has been, as her name implies, just right for our needs.
We’ve done our share of day running, a few weekenders, and some decent fishing trips with not a lot to show except hundreds of Kindle pages read. We’ve also (mainly me) enjoyed fixing her up and just messing around with tools and stuff.
The A27 is a sound vessel and will give years of fun and pleasure.
PS: Where are you?
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
KatieAnne
Swabby
Swabby

HI DCatSea

Post by KatieAnne »

We bought the A27 in Montreal Quebec. We will be sailing her to Gananoque Ontario... "Thousand Islands"
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Welcome!
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
KatieAnne
Swabby
Swabby

Post by KatieAnne »

WillieC wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:33 pm Welcome, Katie Ann with an E.

Gananoque is where one of our A25ers calls home, whom I suspect will show up here.
Post some pics when you figure out how and do keep us informed of your travels.
Funny you mentioned the A 25 in Gananoque. It is for sale. I looked at that one but decided to go a bit larger. Nice boat though.

Cheers
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard KatieAnne!
Funny you mentioned the A 25 in Gananoque. It is for sale. I looked at that one but decided to go a bit larger. Nice boat though.
Yes, that Albin 25 "Manatee" is owned by a very nice couple Stephen and Andrea. They have been wanting to find a larger boat and last I heard they were looking at making a deal on a twin engine Carver 28 Riviera for local cruising. My wife & I had the good fortune to meet them and visit in September, 2017 & still keep in contact. That year we did an extensive 15,450 km RV road trip with our truck & travel trailer all the way out from Arizona, part of which included visiting relatives in Maine as well as touring the Canadian side of Niagara Falls before driving up their home at the time in Sharbot Lake & staying with them for a couple nights & sleeping in our rig parked in their driveway followed by a quick run up to Ottowa before heading on to Bar Harbor, Maine before eventually ending up in south Florida. They've since moved to another home nearby. While there Stephen took us out for a spin in their boat around the Thousand Islands close by Gananoque. Andrea makes killer butter tarts, her specialty. We had hoped to bring own boat out this summer and would have if not for the pandemic. The idea was to "loop" around the Erie & Oswego canals starting on Oneida Lake in NY, & cross Lake Ontario to Kingston, go up the Rideau to Ottowa, back down the Ottawa River to the St. Laurence, on up to Sorel & on down the Richelieu to Lake Champlain, down the Champlain Canal & Hudson River to Waterford & across the Erie Canal to our starting point at Brewerton, NY. Maybe we'll get another shot at it next year if we can beat this pandemic.
20170902_152749.jpg
20170902_135316.jpg
20170902_150448.jpg
20170903_101545.jpg
20170902_091504.jpg
20170902_104532.jpg
DSCN4889.JPG

When you join this group it's like a big family.

Cheers!

Steve E.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”