• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
adbmgb
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Panama City Fl

Post by adbmgb »

Hey guys,
I finally got permission from the admiral ( if I could sell my other boat) to get a 28te. I’ve been looking for a while and found an 06 with a yanmar that should be great with some TLC and elbow grease. (Nothing major, just got to catch up on some deferred maintenance) It will be kept and fished out of Panama City Fl.
I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this group and have already found it to be very helpful.
Thanks
Chipper
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: New member

Post by Nancy »

Chipper, congratulations and welcome aboard! Keep that new baby safe as Sally approaches. :shock:
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
adbmgb
Mate
Mate

Post by adbmgb »

Thanks Nancy. I hope to have her home at my shop soon so I can get started with Chipper “improvements “.
My home is in Abbeville Al and we are expecting some serious rain Wednesday and Thursday. That is where the boat will spend her first month or longer. I hope to have her in PC before cold weather.
Chipper
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Welcome aboard!

Good luck weathering your first storm with your new boat. Is it on a trailer?
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard!
It will be kept and fished out of Panama City Fl.
I have cousins & relatives scattered about the country from Maine to Florida to California, including a dear elderly aunt who has a home on Halsey Circle in Panama City along with her son who takes care of her. She will celebrate her 90th birthday in November & still going strong. We last visited her in October, 2017 as part of a RV road trip & went swimming in the Gulf while there. We got chased out by Hurricane Nate on the way home to Peoria, AZ & diverted north at Mobile & on up to Jackson & Vicksburg, MS & Dallas, TX instead of taking I-10 all the way across.
20170929_190817.jpg
Anyway, Panama City a great place to have a boat, especially an Albin. Love that warm water! Of course so do hurricanes.

PS, I heard from my aunt that Panama City was spared the worst of Sally, mostly just a heavy rain event. Pensacola & Gulf Shores & Mobile Bay in AL is where it really hit hard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

. I finally got permission from the admiral ( if I could sell my other boat) to get a 28te.
I have found it best to keep the admiral in the dark, less information, less problems.
(If she detects any irregularity, or a problem, whatever, she gets a trip to Paris, or a new car. It has never failed, but I only do boats, bikes, whatever, no wild young things. If I did, I be dead. :shock: )
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
adbmgb
Mate
Mate

Post by adbmgb »

Sorry for the late response,it’s been a little hectic around here. The boat is actually on a lift right now waiting to be picked up. I do have a trailer that’s used for running from storms and to haul home for general maintenance.
DesertAlbin736 I hope at 90 I can say I’m still going strong like your aunt. Hopefully she will have many more birthdays to come. I have good memories of my family going to Panama City back in the back in the 50’s. ( no ac, sunburn, you know)
Norseman, while I was looking at this boat, the admiral bought a new car. We don’t have a chance!
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

RE 90 year old aunt in Panama City: her older sister who lived up in Maine just passed away this week at age 96, leaving the one in Panama City as the last surviving extended family member of my parents' generation on either side. We were blessed to be able to visit both of them in 2017.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
adbmgb
Mate
Mate

Post by adbmgb »

90 is great, 96 is better, my dad was 97 and had a good mind to the end. Hopefully your aunt will do even better!

Return to “New Member Introductions”