• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin27FC Boston Restoration

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
srcody617
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Boston Mass.

Albin27FC Boston Restoration

Post by srcody617 »

I've recently joined with my wife Tracie. We have spent lots of time on sailboats up and down the NE coast, but due to limited time, have gone over to the "Dark Side" with power.
We are long on tech skills, and short on financing, so after much study and internet searches, we are about to spring for a "project" boat. So I'll soon be looking for some answers to those many questions that come up.
We have been out on the A25, but I'm over 6 ft and could no stand up comfortably. So we are headed for a 27FC. I'm awaiting a survey of an '83 boat that needs much love and TLC.

Long term plan is to sell the house in Boston, head a little South to RI (Narragansett Bay) and find a mooring with a house.....
This after some bumbling around those parts in the 27 visiting the waters.

BIG WISH: We are looking to meet a local 27FC owner and see what if feels like to go out on her. I've been all over this boat on the hard, but not on the water.

Stuart Cody 617 283 8263 cell
Last edited by srcody617 on Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luvinlife
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rhode Island

Re: Albin27FC Boston Restoration

Post by Luvinlife »

Love your plan
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

I love your priorities; "A mooring with a house."
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
sailonset
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Onset, MA

Post by sailonset »

Sorry, we just hauled out our 27FC down in Buzzards Bay.
IMG_1418x1200.jpg
IMG_1420x1200.jpg
Sounds like a good plan!
dge
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “New Member Introductions”