• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

My 1993 Albin 28TE that sank

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
ysbran
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Orange Beach, Al

My 1993 Albin 28TE that sank

Post by ysbran »

Hello,
Posted about my beloved Albin sinking at our dock. Thought I would restore it myself but have decided that I'm not up to the task and bought another 28TE to replace her.
The Hull did not get damaged when my lift failed. After we pumped it out I pressure wash everything down several times and got her looking good. I'm looking for someone to buy and restore her. The hull is blue and I have the Yanmar engine that had 600 hours on it before it sank.
The engine is out of the boat and is only good for a core.
I have no idea what the hull is worth but I was quoted 27K for new Yanmar or 14,500 to have it rebuilt at a shop down in Fl. I'm open to all offers. It's located in Orange Beach, Al and made it through the hurricane unscathed.
Thanks,
David
davidblezard
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Warwick, Rhode Island

Re: My 1993 Albin 28TE that sank

Post by davidblezard »

Deckhand,
Sorry to hear of the sinking. How was the color on the hull, any chalking? Does it have the stern door? Do you have any pictures of outside and inside? It sank in salt water, correct?

Thank you
David

Return to “New Member Introductions”