• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member North Vancouver, BC

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
LasquetiBound
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: West Vancouver

New Member North Vancouver, BC

Post by LasquetiBound »

Hi All, I’ve been looking for an Albin 28TE, but don’t own yet.

Currently have a ‘88 Hourston hardtop Alaskan with twin outboards that we use to access our property on Lasqueti Island. It’s a 40 nautical mile trip (one way) from our harbour.

We’ve recently sold our sailboat of 10 years, and are making the move to a larger powerboat. We have 2 kids (12 and 10) and have been boating for 13 years on the West Coast. We need a larger boat for comfortable property access, fishing, and cruising.

Been learning lots form the board. Quite excited to become owners of a 28 TE.

Cheers!

Barry
Looking for an 28TE
Presently have a Hourston 18 Hardtop, twin outboards
loganmj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham, WA

Re: New Member North Vancouver, BC

Post by loganmj »

Barry-
We are just across the (currently closed) border in Bellingham, WA. Good luck in your search.. This board was helpful in researching all things Albin when we were on the hunt. I think the 28TE will make a good boat for the sometimes choppy run from Vancouver to Lasqueti.

We can't wait until the border opens back up and we can head north and cruise the incredible cruising options in B.C. We sure missed it last summer!

Mike
Mike and Shannon
Tonic
2000 Albin 35TE (galley up, no FB)
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370's
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Welcome. Good luck finding a great Albin 28. I owned one for 15 years and it is a wonderful boat. With two boys you might want the engine box model because the quarter berth is a little wider. After outboard motors, you will grow to love the dependability and economy of a diesel inboard. It doesn't respond as quickly but it's a workhorse that keeps pushing all day long. See the information on how to back into a slip. It's essential. Once you get it, you will be an expert at docking. Very different from outboards and you can't change its mind. I wish you happy days and fair winds.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Welcome LasquetiBound Barry!

I had to refer to the map to refresh my memory. We sort of blew by there, if you can call six knots blowing by, on our way to Desolation Sound a few summers back. On our return we tucked into the south end of Hornby Island for a night. As you may well know, there are two beaches separated by a bit of a headland. We chose the less populated western cove and discovered the clothing optional beach. Only after an extended solo fact-finding exploration, and the high likelihood that my little secret would be discovered, did I report on my findings to the Starfleet Commander. Lovely rock formations and sandy beach. Highly recommended.

Good luck on your search for a nice A28. Do keep us posted. Hopefully we can make it north again before too many more years.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Ditto what WillieC' said. We were cruise mates on that 2018 trip he was talking about. As it were, this is the course WillieC & I followed to Desolation Sound, going right past Lasqueti from Nanaimo bound for Comox.
2018 cruise map.jpg
Good luck on your search!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
LasquetiBound
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: West Vancouver

Post by LasquetiBound »

Thanks for the welcome! Next time you're in this neck of the woods, stop by and say hi! I suggest you try Jedediah Island for a stop-over. It's a wonderful place to anchor and explore. The entire island is a marine park, and you can explore the nooks and crannies by dinghy or foot. It's a favourite! Our Lasqueti property is in Bull Pass.

Pic from a morning paddle in Bull Pass:
3DC171AF-FDF1-4804-9378-79362AF13637.jpeg
Thanks for the insights and suggestions regarding the 28TE. We are looking for an engine box with Cummins. We'll be sure to enquire about the intercooler status, as well as full mechanical survey.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Looking for an 28TE
Presently have a Hourston 18 Hardtop, twin outboards

Return to “New Member Introductions”