• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Old Members

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
reefdrifter
Deckhand
Deckhand

New Old Members

Post by reefdrifter »

Hello All,
We are Bob and Arlene Paxton and were members several years ago. We are retired and live in Port Charlotte, Florida. Our previous boats started back in 1995 with a 14 ft aluminum fishing boat, then 16 ft bowrider, then 22 ft, cuddy cabin, then 24 ft cabin, then a 21 ft Center Console , then the jump up to a 34 ft 1983 Marine Trader and now back down to our present 22 ft Center Console. So..... it is now time to be looking for an Albin 28. We love the classic look of the Albin boats and feel the 28 is a good size for what we like to do. We have already been to many places here in SW Florida along the ICW and we are anxious to get back at it.

Maybe we will be able to meet some of the Albin Owners Group along the way.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: New Old Members

Post by Norseman »

reefdrifter wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:37 pm Hello All,
We are Bob and Arlene Paxton and were members several years ago. We are retired and live in Port Charlotte, Florida. Our previous boats started back in 1995 with a 14 ft aluminum fishing boat, then 16 ft bowrider, then 22 ft, cuddy cabin, then 24 ft cabin, then a 21 ft Center Console , then the jump up to a 34 ft 1983 Marine Trader and now back down to our present 22 ft Center Console. So..... it is now time to be looking for an Albin 28. We love the classic look of the Albin boats and feel the 28 is a good size for what we like to do. We have already been to many places here in SW Florida along the ICW and we are anxious to get back at it.

Maybe we will be able to meet some of the Albin Owners Group along the way.
Welcome back.
The Albin 28TE is highly recommended, I love mine.
(The Yanmar version is smooth as silk, but high maintenance)

I went the opposite way with boats and boat sizes:
First boat was a 44’ Bermuda Yawl sailboat, 3 years.
Second boat a 33’ CSY cruising sailboat, 14 years.
Third boat a 27’ Glacier Bay powerboat, 16 months
Fourth boat..drum roll..Albin 28TE, 40 months, so far.. :shock:

Lots of smaller boats and dinks in between.

The Albin 28TEs are getting old and long in the teeth nowadays.
If maintained well by previous owners they can be a bargain as the bones are good, excellent design and quality construction, all good.
Some owners feel like maintenance is optional and the boat suffers because of it.
(I wasted money on survey and sea trial on 2 of these boats before I found my baby. :shock: )

Good luck and welcome to the Club. 8)
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Wfmdfm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wareham ma

Post by Wfmdfm »

Welcome! It’s been just a year now that I bought our Albin in Port Charlotte. It was on a canal on Administration St. Had it shipped up to Massachusetts and enjoyed each day on it. Good luck and enjoy the hunt.
2000 28 TE Yanmar 300 6LP-STE
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

Post by Bearkeley »

Welcome! We are currently cruising on our A27 and currently in Punta Gorda. Enjoying this area very much and will most likely store the boat in the area for the summer. Good luck with the search!
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome back Bob.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”