• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Still Drooling!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
mamumurphy
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stonington, CT

Still Drooling!

Post by mamumurphy »

Hi, I'm a new member. I'm an Albin 28 owner wannabe. I have been looking for a boat for almost a year (2020 was a bad year to be trying to buy one) and I am still "chomping at the bit". I'm so sad as I really wanted to be on the water this Summer. I have called and missed out on at least 20. They were already sold the day they went on the market! I had a contract on one in Florida that failed it's survey with less than 700 hours on the engine. It was an engine affected by the valve seal issue and was never corrected under warranty. I didn't even care as I would have the new exhaust seals installed myself. Unfortunately it looked good, but the balsa core hull was totally destroyed with moisture issues and delamination. I did see the 2005 in NE that looked awesome, and was tempted as I live in CT, but I am really searching for a raised engine box. I"m still optimistic, and still looking. Hopefully I'll be able to stop drooling and get out powerboating with the rest of this wonderful group soon!
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Still Drooling!

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! Keep drooling & keep looking! Once you do find your boat you're in a great area for cruising & fishing. My wife & I have visited that area twice in the past 6 years, once in 2015 after hauling our Albin 25 out to Weekapaug, RI from Arizona to spend a week with friends in a summer rental beach house and again in 2017 as part of an RV road trip. On the 2015 visit we docked our boat in a guest slip for the week on the finger pier just north of the white building with the big anchor out front at Norwest Marine in Pawcatuck. That was early in the season when a lot of the regulars hadn't put their boats back in the water yet so there was still some room at the marina. At the end of that dock we met the newbie owner of a recently acquired Albin 28TE who needed some help docking his boat since he was new to the art of single screw maneuvering, so I gave him a hand steering his boat into the slip. I wonder if that guy is still around & still owns that boat? Might be worthwhile asking around that boatyard in case they know might know of someone thinking about selling their 28. Good luck with your search!
DSCN2541 (1280x960).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: Still Drooling!

Post by Nancy »

Mamu, this is another very tough year to buy a boat. Sooner or later, all the novice boat owners will get tired of the unexpected time and expense of upkeep, and there will be lots of boats on the market. But that doesn't help you now.

What a sad story about the boat with the wet hull.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987

Return to “New Member Introductions”