• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

WTB - 31 TE

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
haskinseattle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Kingston, WA

WTB - 31 TE

Post by haskinseattle »

Hello All,

I'm brand new to the group and this is my first posting. I have been looking at various boats to buy and gone through a process. I started by looking at the Shamrock Mackinaw and then decided to look at the Cutwater C-30. I test drove one and realized it was too nice a boat and too spendy for my purposes. Then I discovered the Albin boats, first the 28 TE and then the 31. I live in the Seattle area and would love to find a boat for sale. It appears I'm not the only one. LOL At any rate, if you have a boat that you're willing to part with, I may be your buyer. I can be reached on my cell phone at (360) 536-6499 or my email at shaskell@tritonmarine.us.

Happy boating!

Steve Haskell
2000 31 TE - Argonaut
"Never give up, never surrender!"
Commander Peter Quincy Taggart
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: WTB - 31 TE

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, Steve! Hope you find your boat. We live on Hood Canal, near Belfair and often buzz through Kingston on the way to Bellingham. Or zip over to the marina guest dock. It only takes us two or three days to get there by water.
haskinseattle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by haskinseattle »

Willy,

Thanks for the welcoming. We actually live in Hansville having recently bought a house facing Whidbey Island. We made the move from Poulsbo, after finding the perfect retirement home for us. I'm officially retiring on August 1 of this year which is why we're in search of a boat. We'll be on the lookout for you if you pass by Hansville. Cheers!
2000 31 TE - Argonaut
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Watch out for those standing waves, though you can blow through them with a 28...
GSSeattle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina (Anacortes, WA)

Post by GSSeattle »

Welcome Steve!

There are quite a few of us Albin owners around Seattle and Anacortes. Not sure how many of us want to part with our boats though. I've seen a few local 28's for sale on YW, and one 31 up in BC. Best of luck in your search!

Greg
Greg

2000 Albin 28 TE "Turtle Express"
haskinseattle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by haskinseattle »

Greg,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I've seen several 28's for sale. Seems like they didn't make as many 31's. I'll keep looking but may have to reset my sights if I can't find a 31 in the next couple of months.

Steve
2000 31 TE - Argonaut
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

haskinseattle wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:08 pm Greg,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I've seen several 28's for sale. Seems like they didn't make as many 31's. I'll keep looking but may have to reset my sights if I can't find a 31 in the next couple of months.

Steve
You are correct that there were not as many 31 TE's built as compared to 28 TE's .. approximately 135 - 31's and around 1,200 (+/-) of the 28's. Albin started their hull numbering sequence at 101 for each series. There were even fewer 35 TE's built as compared to the 31.

Patience is the name of the game in searching for any boat these days.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
haskinseattle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by haskinseattle »

Pitou,

I thought I had posted a reply but maybe my newbness kicked in. Thanks for the reply. The fact that you're from Gloucester is interesting. I grew up in Norwell on the South Shore. The last place I lived in MA was Beverly and I spent my last 8 years in MA working for a company out of Gloucester as a commercial diver. Of course that was many years ago now. I do have many fond memories of the North Shore though. Spent a few nights at the Rhumb Line as well. I wonder if that bar is still open?

Regards,

Steve
2000 31 TE - Argonaut
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

I've been in the area pretty much my whole life .. grew up in Hamilton, did a short stint in Beverly with the first house with my bride and then built a house in Essex in the early 90's and keep the boat in Gloucester.

Ah .. the Rhumb Line .. back in the day, I spent some time there myself when I was a sales guy for Strong Leather back in the '80's. The Rhumb Line is still there and has reopened after the Covid shutdown. http://www.therhumbline.com/

All the best in your search for a 31 TE and if I could find the right 35 TE (I always have the itch) PITOU could be up for sale.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13
leekupper
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Atlantic Highlands Harbor

Post by leekupper »

Our 35TE may be on the market soon. We are looking at a 40NC but we are negotiating based on the survey.
Capt. Lee Kupper 25T Master
Pacific Lady Albin 35TE
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

leekupper wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:47 am Our 35TE may be on the market soon. We are looking at a 40NC but we are negotiating based on the survey.
Sent you an email, Lee.

Thanks,
Kevin
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13