• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello from Alaska

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
OnAbt4
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Unalaska, AK

Hello from Alaska

Post by OnAbt4 »

Hello Albin Owners.
I've been on the hunt for a 30-ish foot semi-planing inboard diesel for quite a while now. Not many out there that fit this bill (I will not get an out-drive), and the 28 TE seems to check a lot of the boxes. I'm still open to other builders, as I'm not really in a good position to shop from all around the country. So I signed up to this forum to get a better idea of the performance of these vessels.
I am currently an owner of an Arima Sea Legend 22. Fabulous boat, but my interests at sea have changed over the last few years and looking to do a little more exploring of these Aleutian Islands.
Cheers.
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: Hello from Alaska

Post by Norseman »

Hello from Florida:
I used to be an Alaskan as well: I miss everything from Alaska, except the winters.😳
The Albin 28TE is probably a good boat for up there, protected prop and rudder and all.
(Also sturdy and forgiving in bad weather)
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “New Member Introductions”