• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member Introduction

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
pelpel
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Mill Bay, BC, Canada

New Member Introduction

Post by pelpel »

Hello everyone,

thank you for letting us join. We are Peter and Kathy Elpel, we hail from Vancouver Island (Mill Bay), BC, Canada. We have a 1974 Albin 25 Deluxe, hull # 2303. Looking forward to many hours of boating in the Gulf Islands. While new to the Albin ownership, I did spend a few years at a Marine Service Shop in Sidney, BC servicing small Diesels.

Cheers, Peter and Kathy
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! Though we are desert rats in Arizona we love Vancouver Island & the Gulf Islands. We've taken our Albin 25 up that way four times in the past seven years, most recently in 2019 when we attended the Albineers of BC rendezvous at Ladysmith Maritime Society Marina. On a previous visit in 2016 we were in Sidney on Canada Day, July 1st, for the parade, fireworks, and homemade boat building contest & race event at the park next to the downtown Sidney marina. We hope to return again next summer & will keep an eye out for your boat.
20160701_115110.jpg
20160701_151931.jpg
Actually, on our first visit to Vancouver Island & Gulf Islands in July, 2014 we anchored for a night in Mill Bay & spotted this A25 tied up at the dock & covered with white tarp. I don't suppose this boat is familiar to you?
DSCN1554.JPG
[attachment=0]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, pelpel! Hope to meet you this summer. Can't wait to get back up there.
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by dkirsop »

Welcome aboard! We stopped at Mill Bay on our way to the BC Albineers' rendezvous at Genoa Bay in September. We found Mill Bay Marina to be very nice. Keep your eye out for Sea Quill this summer and be sure to hail us if spotted.
Hull No. 1013, 1971

Return to “New Member Introductions”