• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1st post

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Ausfrog
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Gold Coast Queensland Australia

1st post

Post by Ausfrog »

hi all, this is not only my first post but my first venture into the world of inet comms. so here goes.. I stumbled on Albin Owners Group while looking for a engine part online and came up with a post by one of you members with the same engine i have in my current boat ...so here we are. Anyway a little about myself: My home town is Rainbow Beach in what WAS sunny Queensland Australia. I say was because it doesn't seem to have stopped raining for 12 months. I have been a sailing tragic since my first quick cat i sailed in the surf at about 16. 60 years later after numerous live aboard yachts coastal cruising from cape york to Victoria and offshore trips to the Solomons and an extended cruise to the Aleutians and Alaska to Seattle i have moved on to a cabin cruiser called Ecstacy. Sometimes I think of changing the name to Agony but she is a Clipper Sundecker and a beauty at that. 1984 vintage so has a little age on her like me. ill follow up with another post today to see if anyone out there can help with my dilemma so cheers all.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: 1st post

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG. I understand how you feel about your boat name. Agony is apropos at times, isn't it?
Post some photos of your boat when you have time.

Cheers!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Welcome aboard, Ausfrog. LOL about the boat name!
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, Ausfrog. So what engine are you having problems with?
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

G'Day & welcome aboard mate!

The Admiral & I have just been discussing a Holland America cruise to Australia & New Zealand in the November-December time frame, something along the lines of a 28 day cruise. I've read from my WW2 history books that New Zealand tends to be rainy in the southern hemisphere winter, ie July. But rainy 12 months straight? What's up with that?

Pictures of you Clipper Sundecker would be interesting to see.

Back in 2012 we had a Catalina 25 trailerable sailboat & harbor hopped it up the southern California coast from San Diego to San Pedro (Port of Los Angeles) While in a marina in San Pedro we met & hung out with an Australian couple who had come to the States to purchase a Catalina 34 (or 36, I don't recall exactly) sailboat. They said it was cheaper for them to come to the US, pay lodging & marina slip fee for a month, find, buy, do the paperwork, pay the taxes & have their "new" boat shipped back to Australia on a freighter than buying a similar one at home in Australia.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”