• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hi - want to join the high priesthood of Albin ownership!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
WayEnuf
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Friday Harbor, WA

Hi - want to join the high priesthood of Albin ownership!

Post by WayEnuf »

Hey there,

We're the Harveys. My real name is James, but I go by Duke. I only use James when I am trying to feign importance or intelligence, which explains why I always go by Duke :-O.

We live in Raleigh NC, but we have a slip we're renting in Friday Harbor, WA. We've been renting this slip for awhile, without a boat. Having a slip without a boat is somehow less gratifying - Who Knew! Anyway ... We're looking to purchase - hopefully a 35 or 36 foot. We love the Albin 36 Express Trawler. These seem hard to come by.

We have triplet boys - now men. One of our sons has special needs - autism and seizure disorder. He loves being around water, boating and swimming in particular. He's 6'3" and a stud! He swims for Special Olympics and he flies through the water. Our other son has founded his own non-profit that provides purposeful employment for the special needs community. You can read about this really cool endeavor here - www.producepurpose.org. We lost our other son to cancer 3 1/2 years ago, sadly.

We look forward to participating in this forum as "owners" - someday.

Thanks

Duke Harvey
Raleigh NC
loganmj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham, WA

Re: Hi - want to join the high priesthood of Albin ownership!

Post by loganmj »

Hi Duke-
Welcome to the list. We like the Albin 36 Express cruiser as well. One sold in Anacortes last summer. When we were in the market, in 2018/2019 there weren't any available and we ended up with a 35 TE. I know of another 35 TE that sold last summer in Bellingham. I heard it was shipped to Santa Cruz, CA. While not an Albin, we also had our eye out for any Lindell 36's of which a few were 2 cabin boats, but most were single stateroom galley down models. It seemed to be of similar design and spec to Albins of the same timeframe.

Good luck in your search and hope to see you in the San Juans!

Mike
Mike and Shannon
Tonic
2000 Albin 35TE (galley up, no FB)
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370's
WayEnuf
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Friday Harbor, WA

Re: Hi - want to join the high priesthood of Albin ownership!

Post by WayEnuf »

Thanks Mike. I Googled Lindell (not the pillow guy ;-D), they look very nice. Of course, purchasing a Lindell would disqualify us from this ultra-cool group! There was an Albin 36 Express Trawler available by Seattle Yachts, but the listing was out of date; it was sold earlier in the year, apparently. These do seem to be very rare to find. I'm so depressed :-O.

Return to “New Member Introductions”