• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rendezvous Coordinator - RobS

Moderator: RobS

2009 New England Rendezvous Location

Block Island, RI
13%
Mystic, CT
6%
Essex, CT
38%
Greenport, LI
6%
Montauk, LI
38%

Total votes: 16

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

utilities

Post by RicM »

Just a question, how could you use $25 worth of electricty in 24 hours?
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

:o
I was thinking the same thing. For an overnight stay, I would pass on that. Of course they may frown on my Honda portable generator.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Location Rendezvous 2009

Post by jointventure »

Now one can understand Montauk "expensive"

Marcia and I are off to Russia for two weeks. When I return I will get info for Essex Island Marina. Essex has floating docks,large pool,large covered deck area,grass barbecue and sports area (horseshoes,etc.) ,a five minute walk to town and a trolley bus for other sightseeing, plus a fuel dock.

There may even be snappers for the hard core fisherpersons, could even be bunker and bass.

John
Joint Venture
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Location Rendezvous 2009

Post by RobS »

jointventure wrote:When I return I will get info for Essex Island Marina.
I'll be at Essex Isl Marina for a few nights the week of Aug 11th. Was there last year as well and it's nothing but positives. It's a bit pricey at $4.70 per ft but that does include all utilities and taxes and amenities plus free ferry rides off the island to the main land :D
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Rob,
While you are at Shipyard West in Mystic check that out too for a possible Mystic site. I think it would be better than the Seaport. A couple weeks ago I co-hosted a rendezvous at the Seaport and they have too many "can't" rules.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Essex etc.

Post by RicM »

Rob & Erika.....
Your vacation sounds great.
We are planning our vacation the second week of September and the itinerary is:
Block Island 1 or 2 nights
Montauk 1 or 2 nights
Greenport 2 or 3 nights
Essex 2 nights
Watch Hill 1 night then back to Wickford. We would love to see you guys for dinner and/or get your tips on Greenport and Essex. I have been out to Block a couple of times on day trips but the striper fishing lately has been over run by bluefish. School bluefin have been good though....

Karen & Ric
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Ric, We will surely meet you in Greenport, mostly likely on TOY-RIFIC, but, either way, it's a 3hr steam or a 25 minute drive so if our schedules are tight it's a simple drive.

BTW, glad you're going to Essex and I assume you're staying at Essex Island Marina? I booked the 2009 NE AOG Rend. for the weekend after the 4th of July which is the 10th and 11th. Father's Day is late in June next year and then there are other Owner's Groups the last weekend in June so they said it will be quite busy and we'd have to be broken up and scattered around the marina to be fit in. Therefore, the weekend after the "4th" seemed to be the best option. There's a great pool there so pushing it back a bit will get the pool more in season too. Owners Groups are booked there 3 to 5 years in advance and it was no commitment so I reserved this entire floater/basin (see below) for an estimated 15 boats and reserved "The Deck" for AOG for Sat. night. When I have some more time I'll post several pictures on this thread and ask for some feedback so I know if we should go through with it. I'm sure you'll agree after next month's visit.

Leaving Mystic in a few hours, gonna do a little cruising and/or fishing on our way to Coecles Harbor Shelter Island. Gonna cruise around Fisher's Isle and Three Mile Harbor on the way down.

We were gonna head home Mon mid day but have decided to add a day and spend Mon night in Greenport.

Nice fish Ric. And an added bonus for the 2009 AOG - Catfish were biting at the docks in Essex :D

Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Essex etc.

Post by RicM »

Rob,
I think Essex sounds great for the rendezvous, but the weekend after the 4th of July is usually the Wickford Art Festival which is one of the three busiest weekends of the year for Karen's store (www.the-hourglass.com). I will have to do some serious manuevering to get her out of town at that time. We will look forward to seeing you guys in September, it's just a few weeks away. I am going to start calling and making reservations this week, and I'll let you know what the exact itinerary is as soon as we know.
Cute pic of the girls!

Ric
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
gigi
Deckhand
Deckhand

Weekend after the 4th

Post by gigi »

I absolutely, positively CANNOT be out of town for that weekend. Is there an alternative??????
Karen
Time after Time
Wickford, RI
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Weekend after the 4th

Post by RobS »

gigi wrote:I absolutely, positively CANNOT be out of town for that weekend. Is there an alternative??????
Absolutely, our businesses are what allow us to enjoy this hobby after all...

For reasons explained above, it will have to go back a weekend, not ahead. I can check with EIM and post back.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

Ric, the Joint Venture is at Montauk, Snug Harbor Marina,they have some transient slips. Let us know your plans and we'll get together for some fishing.

Staying at Greenport my suggestion would be Mitchel Park Marina, a new town facility right in the center of town and a great restaurant , the Frisky Oyster a block away. Or, Townsend Manor Marina , a short walk to town.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000

Return to “Third Annual New England AOG Rendezvous 2009”