• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Attendance Update - AOG Essex: July 24th & 25th, 2009

Rendezvous Coordinator - RobS

Moderator: RobS

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Attendance Update - AOG Essex: July 24th & 25th, 2009

Post by RobS »

jleonard wrote:What is the agenda like on friday afternoon?
Jay
I think Capt Dave was right on here, nothing specific on Friday afternoon, just spending time on the dock’s, meeting and greeting fellow members (and their Albins) and having a few drinks.

At least if the weather does not agree, EIM offers nice indoor lounges and the game room.

On Saturday, we can break up into groups and take a few boats for a ride up north on the CT River and then there’s the Sat night cookout on the deck. Any locals, etc. feel free to chime in with some specific recommendations for a cruise up the river?

jcollins wrote:Reservations made. The Afterglow crew will be arriving via Amtrak on the 23rd to relax a little. If anyone is up for dinner that night we are staying at Copper Beech Inn.
Excellent. John, A few of us are planning to arrive mid-week so we'll be sure to keep in touch on that and exchange cell phone numbers.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

I spoke with Dawn at EIM today and learned that since my post of April 30th including the PDF file roster of reserved boats, 3 additional boats have reserved thier slip.

powerboater56 - John & Linda on "Otter" were already on my opening list of those “planning to attend”

Charles on "SEA WINGS" and Thomas on "CAROLINE VI” have reserved. I do not know if these are current members – some quick searches came up empty. Either way, glad to have you. According to EIM, "SEA WINGS" is a 27 and "CAROLINE VI” is a 35.

That brings the “reserved” roster to 16 boats.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Any locals, etc. feel free to chime in with some specific recommendations for a cruise up the river?
Take a ride up to Middletown to America's Cup at Harbor Park, tie up and have lunch or a drink or both! :wink:
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

Rob, Having used Boatpix before they inquired of me of any events they might possibly cover. The contact is www.boatpix.com/events. Don't know if the Rendezvous merits coverage but maybe the boats leaving the river, which is where Joint Venture pix was taken
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
bluechip7676
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: West Falmouth, Cape Cod, MA

Post by bluechip7676 »

Unfortunately....Blue Chip has to cancel due to a family schedule conflict...sorry as we have relatives nearby Essex also..and many friends...say Hello to Hamburg Cove for us...Peter & Gretchen
I love my 1998 Albin28..but I hate the Peninsula in it
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

bluechip7676 wrote:Unfortunately....Blue Chip has to cancel due to a family schedule conflict...sorry as we have relatives nearby Essex also..and many friends...say Hello to Hamburg Cove for us...Peter & Gretchen
You mean we don't come before family?...........sorry to hear but thanks for the heads up.
jointventure wrote:Rob, Having used Boatpix before they inquired of me of any events they might possibly cover. The contact is http://www.boatpix.com/events. Don't know if the Rendezvous merits coverage but maybe the boats leaving the river, which is where Joint Venture pix was taken
I filled out the event form for Boatpix on their website, have not recvd a response yet, will post if I do.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

RobS wrote:
bluechip7676 wrote:Unfortunately....Blue Chip has to cancel due to a family schedule conflict...sorry as we have relatives nearby Essex also..and many friends...say Hello to Hamburg Cove for us...Peter & Gretchen
You mean we don't come before family?...........sorry to hear but thanks for the heads up.
jointventure wrote:Rob, Having used Boatpix before they inquired of me of any events they might possibly cover. The contact is http://www.boatpix.com/events. Don't know if the Rendezvous merits coverage but maybe the boats leaving the river, which is where Joint Venture pix was taken
I filled out the event form for Boatpix on their website, have not recvd a response yet, will post if I do.
I keep telling my friends and family. No weddings, funerals, or birthdays during boating season. :)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jointventure »

John,
We plan to arrive Monday night at EIM. We'll plan on getting together for dinner- we'll contact you at the Inn. Our cell is 631-<removed by moderator for privacy>.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jointventure »

Rob and rendezvousers,
Regarding Friday night on the dock, how about if every boat brings some kind of heavy hors d'oeurve or snack to serve as a floating boat to boat cocktail hour? Joint Ventrue will bring smoked salmon spread with crackers.

Also what do you think about a "category" list of food types for Saturday barbeque, such as "salad", "dessert", "meat", etc. such that each boat could pick and post a favorite to brings and prevent redundancy?

Joint Venture will bring a big bowl of German potato salad and a big (not low cal) dessert.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

jointventure wrote:John,
We plan to arrive Monday night at EIM. We'll plan on getting together for dinner- we'll contact you at the Inn. Our cell is 631-<removed by moderator for privacy>.
That would be great. Looking forward to it. By the way, your phone number was removed so it wouldn't turn up in Google searches. :wink:
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

I'll bring some smoked bluefish pate". It's an RI treat!
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Erika, my first mate, suggested this as well.... "dip night", I think she called it, lol. So Friday everyone plan on a big batch of something... Erika will be making her famous Buffalo Chicken Dip.

As far as Saturday Night' cookout I agree, the only problem is that not everyone checks in here at AOG as often as others :) If you are reading this give your opinion or better yet "whatcha wanna bring?" ... maybe we can catch the other M.I.A.'s via private message next week. I think Erika already posted that she will cook Ribs & Bok Choy Salad. I think cocktails should be byob, right?

btw Ric, we have some leftover Bunker Chum from sharking Saturday if you run out of that famous RI Bluefish Pate...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

Give me a week, I'll figure out something to make with it. Of course week old bunker chum is a bit of a challenge to be around,,,,,
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

I have received back from EIM the attached Deck Reservation Application
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Actually this will be my first & longest over nighter. I am trying to figure what food to bring and share so if you have any suggestions. I should be arriving late Friday afternoon. We are looking forward to meeting all you "Albinee's" :lol:
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com

Return to “Third Annual New England AOG Rendezvous 2009”