• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel gauge repair

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

MeanJeanne
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Rahway Yacht Club Rahway NJ 07065

Fuel gauge repair

Post by MeanJeanne »

My fuel gauge goes to full as soon as i flip it on. Any ideas? Ground wire? If so where is it on a 28TE with a Yanmar?
Thanks!
johngus
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: amity harbor NY

Re: Fuel gauge repair

Post by johngus »

if it goes to full either the wire is shorted of the sender is shorted.disconnect at the sender and see if it shows empty with disconnected.then with the wires connected should read full.
you can test the sensor with an ohm meter as well.with moving the float the resistance should change
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Engine box model?
If so you may have to remove a large piece of the aft deck to gain access to the fuel sender.
My fuel gauge is way off but using a much more accurate fuel used computer instead: FloScan.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Wfmdfm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wareham ma

Post by Wfmdfm »

I had an issue with my gauge reading 3/4 all the time. Checked out the wiring and no issues found. I made the determination that the sender was bad. Pulled the aft deck and removed the unit. Purchased a replacement from Centrion in Florida. Easy to work with on the phone. The unit just arrived this weekend $75 plus shipping. It is a capacitance unit not a float. Good to lift the aft deck. I can tidy up and clan a few things, put new sealant on it and hope to not be in there for awhile.

Update.. the unit is in and now reads 5/8 of a tank. Seems close. I feel the swap was successful but wait a tank or two for the victory dance. Having the deck up was a good chance to fix a few drains and also the fuel tank vent.
2000 28 TE Yanmar 300 6LP-STE

Return to “General Discussion”