• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NEED TRANSPORTER FOR ALBIN 28

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

sparty12
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Ft Myers Beach, Fl

NEED TRANSPORTER FOR ALBIN 28

Post by sparty12 »

Just sold my Albin 28 in Fl. and need to ship to Cal. Coast to Coast sent 2 diff. trailers and neither would work; Anyone know of a reliable transporter or have a Albin 28 trailer for sale. Sitting on the hard at Ft Myers Beach at $40 a day Thanks Tom Harken Sparty12 Email tzosi@aol.com
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Re: NEED TRANSPORTER FOR ALBIN 28

Post by Pedro »

Phil Voyer, He is a real pro, Voyerger Marine Transport.based in Mass, but I think he covers the whole country,,he has the right rig to haul the Albin 28,he did a great getting mine from Maryland to Ct, I was not there at loading, and had a yard prep it and load it on his trailer. He sends photos when loaded and texts updates on where he is, he shipped it on the day he said he would and he arrived when he said he would,
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Having read that other thread further down in this forum about a boat shipping nightmare, I ran Howard Wells' comments by a sailing friend who recently bought an Alden 44 (Alden, not Albin) cutter rigged sloop currently located on the Rappahannock River in Weems, VA and intends to have it trucked to Seattle in the near future. Here's what he said:
Yes I am planning to ship our Alden 44 from Virginia to Puget Sound in July. A broker we met while shopping for the boat recommended Dudley Boat Transport, they would use a semi to haul it, I presume (25,000 #). I do need to do due diligence on them and the insurance. Cruisers forum recommended another outfit I'll check on too.
How would you like to be trying to arrange cross country shipping for something like this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: san diego

Post by socalmike »

Hull truth. Search for caj. He brought mine to cal. He's in Florida
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Diego-Mulege

Post by Tom Cunningham »

x's two on Caj. On Mike's tip he also brought my 28 from Florida to San Diego last year. He is Flynn marine transport. Tom.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Tom Cunningham wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:35 pm x's two on Caj. On Mike's tip he also brought my 28 from Florida to San Diego last year. He is Flynn marine transport. Tom.
You must be the Albin I thought was socalmike's when I was in San Diego at the Mickelson Dealers docks.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Diego-Mulege

Post by Tom Cunningham »

I'm on "E" dock in Marina Village in Mission Bay........
Dr Luke
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Harbor Marina, Waretown, NJ

Post by Dr Luke »

I had my 32+2 shipped from SW Florida to New Jersey, and would highly recommend the gentleman I used. Knowledgeable, proper equipment, kept in touch by phone and pictures along the way. Highly recommended by several people I know.
Dave Brandzel
All Aboard Marine Transport LLC
(732) 270-4848
Paul

2000 32+2: Poco Loco
1992 Boston Whaler 23 Walkaround: UnLeashed
wavedweller
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by wavedweller »

I used Pathway Boat Transport to ship my Albin 40' NSC from San Pedro, CA to Port Ludlow, WA. They we great, sent me photos along the way, boat arrived in perfect shape. On their lowboy trailer the load was 15'6" high, 13' wide and 46' long. Here's a photo of my boat on their rig: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1d9o1t1o3f60 ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Here's their contact info:

Pathway Boat Transport LLC
360-303-2824
www.pathwayboattransport.com
Kindred Spirit - 2006 Albin 40 North Sea Cutter Hull # 11
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Post by Sisu22 »

I am using Rapid Transport out of Florida, loading up tomorrow so I don't have any feedback yet, got them on uShip.

Also got a good recommendation from someone else on this board for Ray Trent who just did a cross country 28 TE. He was booked out until end of June so I went with another shipper, but I did like him and he came recommended and his quote was competitive. His info is here:

Ray Trent
Baja Motorsports llc
raytrent@gmail.com
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
JBrooks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cedar Creek Marina, Old Hickory Lake, Mt. Juliet, TN

Post by JBrooks »

Just shipped my Albin 30FC from Jacksonville Florida to Nashville TN using Blue Earth Express out of Bronson Florida. Showed up 10 business days after I contacted them. Picked up on time and delivered on time although Mount Eagle Mountain delayed the adventure by a few hours via a blow radiator hose.
JB
Floridays
2004 Albin 30FC
Perkins M265TI
ROBERTROSSI
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: westerly RI

Post by ROBERTROSSI »

I used a great guy to bring a Albin 28 to new England from Florida Real good price!
WHEELS <transportbywheels@yahoo.com>
Good luck !
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

...used a great guy to bring a Albin 28 to new England from Florida
Hmmm...Two years ago we trailered our A25 from Arizona to Westerly for a week's stay at a beach house in Weekapaug, part of an extended cruise and road trip which included Erie Canal and Chesapeake Bay. While in Rhode Island we docked our boat for a week in early June, 2015 in Norwest Marina on the Pawcatuck River on the Connecticut side of the river. There were some newbie owners of an Albin 28 at the end of the same dock near the rest rooms. They asked me to help them turn their boat around, being unfamiliar at the time with maneuvering a single screw boat. That wasn't you, was it?

Which, by the way, we'll be back there again from September 9th-23rd, but by car without the boat.
s 713 (1280x721).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Post by Sisu22 »

I would highly recommend Ray Trent as posted above (Baja Motor Sports). There are a lot of guys who seem to know what they are doing or promise that they can get it done but don't deliver. He is reasonably priced and highly competent. Contact info above, happy to talk about my experience to anyone on the Forum if they'd like.
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Post by Ben423 »

We had Ray Trent bring our 28TE from Virginia to SoCal in May. Picked up the boat on time, communicated his progress daily and delivered to boat to us in good shape. I'd use him again.

Return to “General Discussion”