• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Oregon strangeness

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Oregon strangeness

Post by coolchange »

This is about 9AM..the street lights are still on..night creatures in the woods still sounding ..and no morning birds. Very high winds and tons of smoke..guess I will skip the boat for today

DF66CD3A-5C98-4DA8-8685-71A007C60468_1_105_c.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Oregon strangeness

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

My sister lives in a rural area15 miles SW of Eugene. Her power has been out for the past two days. They have generators to keep fridge & freezer cold but no hot water or cell service, which for them is how they get internet & TV so they have to listen to AM radio for info or drive into town to get a cell signal. They are 30 miles east of the fires burning between Springfield & Belknap where Rt 126 closed.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

These fires in Washington and Oregon are on the WET side! Where we come from. We NEVER used to worry about burning the place down, well guess what. Ex-in-laws were burned out near Estacada. Whole towns are gone, I repeat, on the WET side!
IMG_3043.JPG
No hoax folks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

That is eerie. I'm dropping my sister, et al at the airport tomorrow so they can return to Spokane. I will share the picture. Very sad, the tremendous loss from these fires.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe

Return to “General Discussion”