• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Manuals (2021)

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Marineland&
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Intracoastal Perdido Key, FL

Albin Manuals (2021)

Post by Marineland& »

Does anyone know where I can get 2007 Albin 28 TE user manual?
Trying to figure out how to use 12 volt and AC 110 power panels.
Thanks.

Arch Stokes
archmaggie@gmail. com
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: Albin Owner's Manuals

Post by Nancy »

Arch, there probably is no user manual. I recommend that you start a new thread and ask your questions. Include a photo of your panels if you want although they're likely very similar to every other 28TE.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhaven, MA

Post by gmberkley »

I just noticed on my 12V panel there is a switch, and it's labeled "generator compressor", anyone hazardous a guess as to what this is, I've kept it off, as I have no clue what its does or what it's for.................another one of the two million or so reasons a manual would be helpful, I appreciate each boat being custom built, but I can't believe each one of them is so custom/different that a manual couldn't have been written, I have to believe there are a few attributes of these boats that are similar enough that a manual could have been written.

just my two cents, now off to find a generator compressor,???????????
Gregg M. Berkley 25 Ton Master USCG
2005 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck
Fairhaven, MA
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nancy »

Gregg, my understanding is that the boats were delivered with the manuals of all the components. Hopefully you have those?? In the context of a boat, I have no idea what a generator compressor is. Does your boat have a generator? Even if it does, I'm not sure why it would have a switch on the 12V panel. Any chance you can ask the surveyor or previous owner?
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Albin Owner's Manuals

Post by gmberkley »

Hi Nancy,

I am only the third owner of the boat, and the previous owner didn't give me a manual, I received a few of them, for the electronics and the engine, but nothing for the Albin itself. The previous owner was little to no help whatsoever in the transition of my taking the boat and is now, for whatever reason unresponsive, so I feel as though I'm walking in a room with no windows and no lights on, very frustrating, to the point, to be quite honest, I contemplated, and still thinking about selling the boat, too many unknowns and I don't like learning the hard way. and no, I don't believe the boat has a generator. The boat is in tremendous condition with only 395 hours on a Yanmar 315HP engine, but there's so many bells and whistles I know nothing about it's a bit intimidating, if not for the help and advise of this group, the boat would have been long gone.
Fairhaven, MA
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

gmberkley wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:32 am Hi Nancy,

I am only the third owner of the boat, and the previous owner didn't give me a manual, I received a few of them, for the electronics and the engine, but nothing for the Albin itself. The previous owner was little to no help whatsoever in the transition of my taking the boat and is now, for whatever reason unresponsive, so I feel as though I'm walking in a room with no windows and no lights on, very frustrating, to the point, to be quite honest, I contemplated, and still thinking about selling the boat, too many unknowns and I don't like learning the hard way. and no, I don't believe the boat has a generator. The boat is in tremendous condition with only 395 hours on a Yanmar 315HP engine, but there's so many bells and whistles I know nothing about it's a bit intimidating, if not for the help and advise of this group, the boat would have been long gone.
I wish that you were closer and I would then be on my way to help. I have had two local to me new Albin 31 owners reach out and then come visit my boat and I to theirs to assist in understanding of systems and workings of their boats. I would suggest that you try to do the same as there are Albin owners in or near your area.

Post a few pictures of your boat including any AC or DC panels as this will help us help you. Put our eyes on your boat .. as "they" say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Hang in there and don't sell!
Kevin
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gmberkley »

I'll grab some photos of the panel Friday and post, thanks Kevin, I'm told I have to commission the air conditioning unit on the boat, no clue what that entails, there's anti freeze in the water system, not sure how to drain it all out properly, and obviously in the winter it needs to be redone, I'll worry about that this fall I guess, the electronics are less than a year old, the previous owner wired and installed them, no idea what he did, but they don't work, I have reached out to an electronics guru, paid a deposit, and waiting for a schedule for him to look at the entire system, and educate me, (never expected to have to do that), and the list grows each day I have the boat............hanging in, but the rope is getting tight around the neck.
Fairhaven, MA
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

. the list grows each day I have the boat............hanging in, but the rope is getting tight around the neck.
Surely you had the boat surveyed before you bought it? :shock:
Electronics usually work if they have power, or there could been a lightning strike nearby with transient power spike that killed off some equipment?
(Happened to me 3 times on various boat in Florida. :roll: )
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

gmberkley wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:50 am I'll grab some photos of the panel Friday and post, thanks Kevin, I'm told I have to commission the air conditioning unit on the boat, no clue what that entails, there's anti freeze in the water system, not sure how to drain it all out properly, and obviously in the winter it needs to be redone, I'll worry about that this fall I guess, the electronics are less than a year old, the previous owner wired and installed them, no idea what he did, but they don't work, I have reached out to an electronics guru, paid a deposit, and waiting for a schedule for him to look at the entire system, and educate me, (never expected to have to do that), and the list grows each day I have the boat............hanging in, but the rope is getting tight around the neck.
Gregg,
I sent you an email with my cell number. Feel free to call and I can give you a better understanding of spring commissioning and understanding your boat.
Kevin
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nancy »

Pitou wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:41 pm Gregg,
I sent you an email with my cell number. Feel free to call and I can give you a better understanding of spring commissioning and understanding your boat.
Kevin
Kevin, you are the best!

Gregg, your frustration is coming through loud and clear. Is the boat in a marina? A friendly marina? Where lots of experienced owners hang out and socialize? Ask the marina manager who you can call on to help you with a walk-through of the various systems. They are amazingly similar from one boat to the next, and most people will be glad to help.

Kevin will give you tons more details, but here are a few thoughts:
o Commissioning the water system is probably as simple as turning the water pump switch on the 12V panel to On and running the water. There might be a bypass on the water heater that needs to be re-routed. Kevin will guide you.

o There could very well be one or more master switches on the dashboard that control power to the electronics. My first law of physics: "It won't work if it's not plugged in," to which the corollary is "It won't work if it's not turned on."

o Commissioning the air conditioner might be a little trickier, but if I can do it, you can. Try this: turn on the power to the air conditioner on the 110 panel. Go to the air conditioner control panel and push the On button. Does the panel light up? Good. Set the thermostat to cool. Look over the side of the boat (probably starboard side) and see if any water is coming out. If yes, you're all set. If no, the system needs to be primed, which isn't difficult. Kevin can guide you here, too, and save me lots of typing.

Bottom line: call Kevin!
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

Nancy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:21 pm
Kevin can guide you here, too, and save me lots of typing.

Bottom line: call Kevin!
Nancy, You hit the high points and I just don't have it in me to hit the number of keystrokes that it would take to run through commissioning all systems, but I'm more than happy to assist by phone.

When I bought my Albin 28 in 2004 I was fortunate to have bought it through Ken Hilton at Standish Boat Yard who also serviced the boat for the prior owner. Ken also commissioned the boat for me in the spring upon delivery. Come fall and decommissioning I hired someone that let me work along side of them so that I could learn what it took to put the boat away properly and be ready for spring commissioning. Both were invaluable.

With a little help here and with lots of reading, I've come a long way.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gmberkley »

thanks Nancy and Kevin, thanks for all the support and assistance, I'm going to the boat on or about noon to meet with the electronics guru, who hopefully will be able to figure out why the different components are not speaking to each other, and why one of them is on when all the power sources on the boat are shut down, while I'm there I'll take a pic of the electric panels, and Kevin, while I'm there I'll try to call you, if we can hook up, I'm thinking it will be easier for you to walk me thru some of the issues if I'm actually on the boat, again can't thank all of you enough.
Fairhaven, MA
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

You meet the nicest people at AOG.
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gmberkley »

UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR...............
Fairhaven, MA
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Hang in there, Gregg. When I started this journey 8 years ago with our first and only boat, these people, along with our newfound friends in the BC Albineers, patiently guided us through a lot of issues with our A25. Now I'm dangerous, with my little bit of knowledge. Second understatement of the year....

Return to “General Discussion”