• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Current trucking rates

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

mikegutshall
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deale MD

Current trucking rates

Post by mikegutshall »

Can anyone provide an approximate cost per mile and any flat charges being applied for shipping a 28 on the East Coast? And if you have any recommendations on what shipping companies I could contact it would be appreciated.
Mike Gutshall
28TE Destiny
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Current trucking rates

Post by jcollins »

Mike
Send a note to toolmanbob1993. He recently shipped from Florida to the Carolinas.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Cove Point Shippers at Shipwright Harbor are well thought of locally. I'm going to be using them for a short haul in April, for our 27. They have their own Travel-lift at Bristol Boatworks on Rockhold Creek.

Contact info:
6029 Herring Bay Rd, Deale, MD 20751
(410) 474-9783
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

From Annapolis MD to Groton Ct .I used Phil Voyer
508-326-5182
MJM Yachts hauler
$1,500 +\- several years ago
Excellent hauler
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Friends of ours recently had a 17,000 lb 31 foot sailboat trucked from Bay City, MI to Phoenix, AZ, a distance of about 2,000 miles at a cost of $8,000. It's an outfit based out of North Carolina. They had good luck with them after using a broker to line up a competitive deal. Don't recall the name of the company offhand but I can ask next time I see them.

$1,500 from Annapolis to Groton is just under $4 per mile, pretty comparable in per mile to what our friends paid.
20211116_101327.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
mikegutshall
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deale MD

Post by mikegutshall »

Thanks for the feedback.
Mike Gutshall
28TE Destiny
Toolmanbob1993
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston

Post by Toolmanbob1993 »

Last fall,2200 florida to south carolina.
2000 28 TE “Slow Ride”
BRISWISH
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Middle River, Maryland

Post by BRISWISH »

Hey there - I'm really late to this post, but wanted to provided another option. I see you are in Deale. I bought an Albin 28 from Keyport, NJ last year and needed it transported to Middle River, MD. I looked into truck transport, but ended up posting a listing on Chesapeake Area Professional Captains Association (www.capca.net). Several Coast Guard licensed deliver captains got back to me with quotes. I picked my favorite based on my feelings from our conversation and pricing and he delivered the boat via water (he allowed me to join and I learned along the voyage as well).

Unsure what trucking costs now, but a delivery captain may be a cheaper option with the increase in gas prices and the permits needed to transport on land. My captain had a flat daily fee + his expenses.
Brian Swisher
2004 Albin 28 Flush Deck w/ 315 Yanmar - "Unleashed"
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Mike
Completed our trucking adventure a few days ago and all went very well. I sailed down to Cove Point Shippers in Deale and their driver Paul very professionally and carefully lifted Mazboot out on the Travel-lift and then, after power washing her, he equally carefully placed her on the hydraulic trailer. He took his time to do it right.
After making sure all was well, and she was secure fore and aft he took off for Ft Washington via the Beltway and Indian Head Hwy. At no time did he exceed speed limits, and was most careful over the last few miles through tree-lined residential areas. The lift off went smoothly.
Mazboot is now on her new home slip in Alexandria VA.

I recommend Cove Point Shippers. The entire exercise cost $900.00 (and Paul earned his tip)
IMG_0231.jpg
IMG_0232.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “General Discussion”