• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Newbie Help Albin27FC

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Brooksiej24
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Annapolis

Newbie Help Albin27FC

Post by Brooksiej24 »

Hello all and excuse my noobyness here but I am looking into bringing an A27FC back to life 1984 hull. Boat has been on the hard for almost four years now. I am looking to get her up and running and back in the water.

I don’t know much about diesal motors and need some guidance on how I can get this up and running while on the hard before splashing her. Any thoughts from the group here?

Any other items to look for before splashing?
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Re: Newbie Help Albin27FC

Post by Sprig1 »

Welcome to the group! If you could list what engine. I had 4d61 in mine most likely that’s what you have. I rebuilt mine but it is never ending.
I live over on the Eastern Shore by Chestertown. I’d be more than happy to look at it when I’m over that way. There are very knowledgeable people on the sight. I couldn’t of done mine without them.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

I'd be more than happy to help. Just moved from Deale MD to Alexandria VA but have a basic 27FC with a 4D61 in great running order. Give me a call (PM for #) and I'll be happy to exchange 27FC ideas. Sprig1 also knows his way round the venerable 27FC, and has cruised more than me, so now you have two good sources of info. (Hey Chris, when are you coming over to Alex?)
BTW I have a first-rate Annapolis-based diesel guy who loves Lehman engines, made mine run like a train and has VERY reasonable rates.

Noobey-ness is forgiven because we are all learning as we go along.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Ambler27FC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Patuxent River, MD

Post by Ambler27FC »

If you have a Racor 500 series fuel filter / water separator (very common), they sell a neat alternate cap with a hose fitting that lets you supply cooling on the hard. I run a hose up to a bucket on deck and use it to flush the engine in the fall and test the engine in the spring - money well spent.

If there has been fuel sitting in the tank for four years, may be best to discard or filter it and inspect the tank. That is throwing away money, so I would look for more opinions than mine. Replacing the fuel filters in advance seems like a smart move.

Replacing as much of the oil, ATF, and coolant in advance, but I am no expert on fluids.

And if you haven’t got them already, start searching for the engine owners and parts manuals.

These boats are great for relaxed cruising on the Bay. Best luck!
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

"And if you haven’t got them already, start searching for the engine owners and parts manuals.

These are available in the AOG Document Library, as are many other relevant tomes.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “General Discussion”