• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

dehumidifier recommendation?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

RockAndReel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo Fl

dehumidifier recommendation?

Post by RockAndReel »

Looking for a dehumidifier for a 28 TE. I need one that can drain into the sink so I don't have to empty it.
Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: dehumidifier recommendation?

Post by Tree »

I have two of these. CONOPU Dehumidifier, 2300ML Dehumidifiers for Home 500 Sq.ft, Dual Semiconductors Technology, LED Lights, Auto-Defrost, Auto-Off, 3 Modes Humidity Control, Dehumidifiers for Drying Clothes, White https://amzn.eu/d/cQ8zb4Q

I went for this type as smaller units tend to freeze up below 10°c. With regards to draining you could just put a small hole with a gromit and a tube running to the sink. I have one in the heads and one in the main cabin. Seems to do the job and usually takes about ten days to fill as they have humidity control in the auto mode. I get a small amount of mildew in areas over the top of the cupboards, around windows and right at the stern end of the small berth. Nothing a ready to use kitchen wipe with bleach doesn’t keep at bay for a few months.

I will say my wet weather clothing stays on the boat and doesn’t help the situation but after a day this is all dry with both of these running.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
RockAndReel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo Fl

Re: dehumidifier recommendation?

Post by RockAndReel »

Thanks for the recommendation Tree!

Rock and Reel

Return to “General Discussion”