• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Sylvester P. "Butch" Bollinger

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Sylvester P. "Butch" Bollinger

Post by jcollins »

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then she is gone!
“Gone where?”

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says: “There, she is gone!” there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: “Here she comes!”

And that is dying.

Anonymous
Butch joined us in June of 2006 and was a Gold Supporting Member. He loved fishing, his Albin The Mary B, and his beautiful wife Mary. Mary and Butch quickly became friends with anyone they met. Everyone was asking me at the Rendezvous "where's Butch"? Butch died July 19th 2012. He had 14 brothers and sisters. He founded Bollinger Energy. A company supplying pertroleum, natural gas, and electricity to the mid-atlantic.

Rest easy my friend...we miss you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Sylvester P. "Butch" Bollinger

Post by Carl »

Thanks for posting John.

Tight Lines and Calm Seas Butch.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

All of our members, whether you knew Butch or not, please take a moment to sign the guest book for Mary.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/baltim ... sp_sharegb
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I just read his last posts and it was about his health hopefully not getting in the way of his attendance at the 2012 rendezvous. A dedicated member right to the end. I enjoyed his posts on fuel and the friendly sarcasm and humor he so often included.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

jcollins wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:03 pm
I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then she is gone!
“Gone where?”

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says: “There, she is gone!” there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout: “Here she comes!”

And that is dying.

Anonymous
Butch joined us in June of 2006 and was a Gold Supporting Member. He loved fishing, his Albin The Mary B, and his beautiful wife Mary. Mary and Butch quickly became friends with anyone they met. Everyone was asking me at the Rendezvous "where's Butch"? Butch died July 19th 2012. He had 14 brothers and sisters. He founded Bollinger Energy. A company supplying pertroleum, natural gas, and electricity to the mid-atlantic.

Rest easy my friend...we miss you.
A reminder of all AOG members that have left us. Butch was a great guy. It's hard to believe it's been 9 years.
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ba ... 2dcd6cde56
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Yes he was......RIP
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"