• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Cruisers List @ yahoo

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Isles of Shoal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Massachusetts

Albin Cruisers List @ yahoo

Post by Isles of Shoal »

Has anyone had any success joining the Albin Cruisers List Group on Yahoo .
I have been trying multiple times within the past two months and have received no reply.
Yahoo recognizes that I have joined the group but I cannot access anything on the site.
Thank you for any input or advice.
On a happy note ,the days will be getting longer in a few more days and I will be able to see all my problems by the light of longer days,
least of which is owning a boat. Don't ask ,I'm concentrating on the joy of boating. :D
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: Albin Cruisers List @ yahoo

Post by kerrye »

Took me a couple of attempts about a month ago but I'm a functioning member now.
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Post by Jay Knoll »

I joined but rarely go on, I find the interface totally frustrating, not like this forum
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

I never understand the need for a yahoo group when there is a dedicated forum here.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Isles of Shoal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Massachusetts

Post by Isles of Shoal »

Tree wrote:I never understand the need for a yahoo group when there is a dedicated forum here.
Tree wrote:I never understand the need for a yahoo group when there is a dedicated forum here.
Well ,the www is awash in duplication ,it might be like having two engines ,if one is down the other might work . :shock:
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

I'm with Tree.
Don.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I believe the yahoo group was born long before this group. That's why it exists. There are people who don't care for change too much.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Post by Marcy K »

When we belonged to the Yahoo group - for 10 years starting in 2000 - it was pretty much A 25s and A27s. In fact I think the A25s ruled! We went to 2 of their rendezvous - one in New London CT and the other in Newport RI and there were more A 25s than A 27s. I don't remember even seeing an A28 there. It was a really nice group of people then. I'm not sure who is over-seeing it now. We switched to AOG when we purchased our A34 in 2009.

Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Falmouth, MA
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I believe it was John Stewart who was running the site. But now I see him on the trawler website and he has a different boat. So apparently he is not that active on the Yahoo site any longer??
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Post by rnummi »

I've been trying as well. No luck. In fact Yahoo sent me a message that I had been "rejected" because no one had signed in to approve. Maybe someone could volunteer to run it.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Post by JT48348 »

I will let you be the judge of what you're missing. But from monitoring from the sidelines I get the impression of very knowledgable A25/A27 owners stuck in an archaic system. Hard to find anything. Info held by a few and shared only at request. Goes a while without any activity. Quality varies.

Two weeks ago the topic was : "what's going on with our group and why is no one posting?" People scratching their heads and feeling victimized.

This week the topic is: "where and how should I lock up my new 9mm pistol my wife gave me for Christmas?" You can imagine how that went over. Someone threatened to quit the group. Then the OP basically admitted he posted just to stoke the conversation and get people interested.

They're missing a moderator, a modern interface, and some common sense.
neilrewiredvt
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Plunder Bay Marina (on Lake Champlain) Orwell, VT

Post by neilrewiredvt »

The Yahoo group was started many years ago (in fact one of the elders posted a while back that they actually started through snail mail and newsletter). Tim Hall has been moderator for many years and continues to be the moderator. He recently re-surfaced on the list and is in the process of addressing any lack of moderator action issues. You are correct that it is primarily focused on the 25 and 27 but there are a few other members with slightly different boats.
One advantage I find on that list is the availability of the archives. Messages, files, docs etc are stored and are accessible through the internal search features. It is true that the interface is a bit awkward and compared to the recent Facebook pages, photographs and videos are not intuitive to post.
Bottom line, the members on this list are incredible resources regarding these boats. They are also incredibly forthcoming with their encouragement and help when asked. I purchased a re-builder 25 several years ago and were it not for the many helping hands of this group, I suspect it would still be awaiting repair.
I would suggest that if you are interested in joining the group give it another try. If you do not get a message from the moderator within a couple of days, please feel free to let me know and I will try to assist.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

The Yahoo group is strong on the Classic 25 & 27 Albins. I think there are a few 28te. Have been a member for 2-3 years an get some pretty nice posts.
It does not rise to the standard or interests of the forum for me at least. Still it is interesting.
whwells "Howard"
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Post by rnummi »

They have great pics of customized 25/27s. Also a nice docs section.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: LOOKING FOR NAPA OWNER OF ALBIN EXPRESS TRAWLER

Post by whwells »

We spoke several years ago. I live in Trinidad, Ca north of you. Can be reached at 530 400 2424.
Call me if you get the posting.
Howard

Return to “General Discussion”