• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

My 1992 24 Albin "GetAway" with Chrysler engine

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Majtek
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Middletown, CT

My 1992 24 Albin "GetAway" with Chrysler engine

Post by Majtek »

Hello, any other owners in New England with similar boat like mine?
It is 1992 24 Albin "GetAway" with 265 HP Chrysler inboard engine.
I spent most of cruising time on Connecticut River and sometimes on Long Island Sound.
Please, contact me if you interested.
Chris
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: My 1992 24 Albin "GetAway" with Chrysler engine

Post by Jeremyvmd »

I've never heard of that to be honest. Did a quick search and it looks like a cute little thing! I'd love any other info u could share on the boat!
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Welcome aboard, Chris -

I don't know much about the Getaways other than there were very few manufactured. I love the design, and the use of space is very good. Does she handle well?

Nancy
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Majtek
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Majtek »

There are some info about my boat.
Sorry it took me so long to answer your questions. I will post some photos next time.

LOA: 28 feet including swimming platform and bow anchor pulpit LWL: 22 feet Beam: 8.5 feet (trailerable)

Displacement: 5200 LBS

Engine:

Chrysler 360 Engine Model: V8 265 HP

Tankage:

Fuel gasoline: 144 gallon Water: 30 gallon Holding: 10 gallon

Accommodations:
Forward is a large U-shaped settee (with stowage beneath) converts to a queen-size berth when the dining table is lowered. The mattress is 4" thick providing reasonable comfort. For a third passenger, a comfortable 6'3" long by 2'3" wide quarter berth is located aft.
To port, forward of the quarter berth a small galley with a single burner Origo alcohol stove, sink, and counter space.
Opposite the galley, a big enclosed head with sink, toilet with 10 gallon holding tank, shower nozzle, counter space, and medicine cabinet. The head is all fiberglass. Standing headroom (6'2") at the galley and in the head.
A total of seven opening screened portholes, and 1'5" X 1'5" opening hatch.

Mechanical:
• Fresh water cooled gasoline engine.
• 1/1/4" diameter SS shaft.
• 4-blade bronze propeller turning counterclockwise
• Bronze seacock and water strainers.
• 144 Gal fuel tank is marine grade aluminum.
• Engine exhaust system is a "two into one" type, which terminates at the starboard transom after passing through an aqua lift muffler.
• Hot & cold water system feed to the galley sink, head basin and shower faucet. 6 gallon hot water tank/heater.
• Recirculating baitwell system.
• Salt water deck wash-down.
• SS 3/16" handrails, grab handles, cleats, bow rails and windscreen rail.
• Vetus Bow Thruster

Cockpit & Command Bridge
• 110V AC shore chord.
• Cockpit courtesy lights (3)
• Large fish boxes (2) built into cockpit sole.
• Ttackle box with drawers.
• Rod holders fitted to side and rear cockpit coamings.
• Chopping boards.
• Split hatches and removable steps give wide access to the engine and transmission.
• Two 12" cockpit drains have flush-mounted transom flaps to prevent intake surge.
• Built-in upholstered bench seat on Command Bridge for two people and Captain Helm Seat.
• SS steering wheel w/ tilt action.
• Morse dual function single-level throttle and gear control.
• Trim tabs control.
• Engine instruments mounted in upper console: RPM counter, oil pressure, water temp, volt meter, fuel gauge, quartz clock and warning lights for engine blower, bait well, ignition and bilge pump.
• Cup-holders in three positions on command bridge.
• Built-in steps from cockpit to side decks.
• Command Bridge full enclosure: Sunbrella Mediterranean Blue Tweed – SeaMark with tinted windows and marine zippers.

Deck Area:
• Wide, unobstructed side decks leading to large foredeck.
• Foredeck with 2 hatches for access to self-draining anchor/rope locker.
• Bow pulpit with anchor roller and 2 chocks.
• Wrap-around SS bow rail extending to cockpit.
• Six over-sized mooring cleats for docking "single-handed".
• Mooring bit located at bow pulpit.

Electronics
• VHF radio with 8 feet antenna
• Radar 16 miles
• Garmin GPS/Plotter
• USB Ports
• Compass
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

More information about the Albin Getaways can be found in the A25/A27 section of this site. There were about 48 Getaways produced between the 24 footers and the 27 footers. Brokers like to up measure the vessel when there is a swim platform and a pulpit attached. In the measuring scheme of things pulpits and swim platforms should not be included in the overall length (dock masters may disagree), when they are bolted to the vessel. Paper work for my 24 Getaway is 24’ 4’’. Have seen at least 2 24 Getaways being brokered as 27 footers…

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Interesting boats. I see a lot of similarities to other Albin hulls with 28TE planing ablility. Wonder if this is also a Per Brohall design? This one listed for sale in Vancouver BC powered with a Yanamar diesel. Looks like would be a good sport fisher. Kind of a compromise between having flybridge or no flybridge.

http://www.thunderbirdmarine.com/boat-info.php?ID=4025
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

The Albin Getaway if a nice looking boat. Very much the Albin lines of the larger Comband Bridge series. Looks liike lots of cabin room as well. I saw one of these up close a few years back forsale on the hard at Anacortes, Wa. Do recall it has diesel power and had been very well maintained.
whwells "Howard"
24getaway
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: beverly

Post by 24getaway »

I live in North of Boston and I own a 1992 24' Getaway. They are a unique , well built, seaworthy craft having a fantastic design. I owned a 28' ( more like 30') luhrs for more than 20 years. My wife and I have cruzed from New York to Boothbay and everywhere in between. The old luhrs was a great boat for us but it got to be costly for fuel and it was time for a downsize. I luckily found this huge 24' with everything we had in the old boat. It is comfortably situated for cruising, fishing, and everything a boat should be. We thought our cruizing days were over by downsizing but it was just the opposite. With a 170hp Yanmar diesel it has allowed us to cruise without breaking the bank. Our Maiden voyage was Block Island. I hope you enjoy your Getaway as much as we do. Maybe we can take a cruize to see you this summer!
Jim
Majtek
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Majtek »

Albin 2016 Pic 10.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Majtek
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Majtek »

The boat was sold October 2016.
I still miss her!
Dgc07002
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Stonington Connecticut

Post by Dgc07002 »

Hello, my Albin 24 Getaway needs a new engine. Replacing a Crysler 318. I am looking for a used Yanmar 170 HP. Could someone tell me the cruising speed with the Yanmar?
Thanks
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Dgc07002 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:11 am Hello, my Albin 24 Getaway needs a new engine. Replacing a Crysler 318. I am looking for a used Yanmar 170 HP. Could someone tell me the cruising speed with the Yanmar?
Thanks
Hello
You're replying to a post that is 3-4 years old. Please consider creating a new topic.

Thanks
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “General Discussion”