• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2001 Albin 31 TE Windows

AKSeaplanes
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Juneau, AK

2001 Albin 31 TE Windows

Post by AKSeaplanes »

Anyone know who made the sliding windows for a 2001 31 TE? Have to replace the starboard side window along with the weather strip piece that fell overboard and can’t seem to find a good replacement. I had a new window made locally, but it’s a struggle to find the right weather stripping.
Pasteur
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Re: 2001 Albin 31 TE Windows

Post by Pasteur »

Any luck with this? I have an ‘06. The center post on the sliding window fell off along with the weather stripping. I haven’t been able to find a replacement.

I do have the same piece from a ‘28. But it’s too short. I am using it as a guide for finding the missing one.
Zero PSI and Zero PSII
2006 28TE FD, Yanmar
2004 31TE, Twin Yanmars
Jamestown, RI
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

Pasteur,
I lost one on my 06 28 Te. This summer. Interested in selling your spare 28 center slider weather strip piece? I’m close by in Mattapoisett Ma.
Capt Brad
Albesaurus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Connecticut

Post by Albesaurus »

Please post the results of your search. I also lost a sliding window extrusion this summer and can’t find a replacement. All the seals and gaskets are available from Pompanett but they will not help me with the Aluminum extrusions. They say don’t manufacture them anymore.
Pasteur
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by Pasteur »

I’m using the short one I’ve got to design a 3d model for printing. I printed the first one today and the result was promising. I’m using resin, not extrusion, and the finish is nice. I used a clear resin for the first one. I have other colors (white, off-white) and resins with different material properties (more flexible, more durable,etc).

Length will be an issue unless I send it to a commercial printer. Otherwise It may require 3 pieces for the 31 window.

I found this on the pompanette website. The foot on the first one looks right. But the portion that’s supposed to be against the glass doesn’t. Did they give you a part number?

http://pompanettellc.com/wp-content/upl ... -20-17.pdf
Zero PSI and Zero PSII
2006 28TE FD, Yanmar
2004 31TE, Twin Yanmars
Jamestown, RI

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”