• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Manual Bilge pump

efishnsea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Staten Island NY

Manual Bilge pump

Post by efishnsea »

Can anyone please tell me the model of the whale manual bilge pump? I need to replace the cover and have located a source there are a couple different models is it a compact 50 or gusher titan?
Bob 2001 28 TE box with 370 Cummins Alimarie3
ccboater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Woods Hole, MA

Re: Manual Bilge pump

Post by ccboater »

Did you ever figure out the model pump and replacement cover? I need to replace my cover and haven't been able to figure it out. The measurements on the Whale website for the two similar cover plates don't quite match mine. I'm thinking there is a typo on their website because the measurements they have listed in both mm and inches aren't equal (i.e. 125mm does not equal 4 1/10" as they note on the width of the DP8904).

https://www.whalepumps.com/marine/siteF ... plates.pdf
efishnsea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by efishnsea »

the replacement cover and parts are available at Defender
ccboater
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ccboater »

efishnsea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by efishnsea »

Its the top one
ccboater
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ccboater »

efishnsea wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:35 pm Its the top one
Thanks!
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

It is not a simple matter of a cover replacement. You will Need to replace the entire cover/diaphragm assembly which is bolted in place; i.e. you will likely have to disassemble the starboard side fish box holder to replace. I Velcro’ed my cover on after the detailer snapped it off. It’s not like you’ll likely have to use the manual pump often ( if ever, hopefully). Don.
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Post by Sisu22 »

I'm sure mine is the original... should probably consider just replacing the whole darn thing.
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
efishnsea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by efishnsea »

I simply replaced the cover no problem
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

Please tell me how. Don.
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Post by Sisu22 »

So anywho, I ended up replacing the whole pump because my hose failed, and one thing led to another. It wasn't that bad a job and I didn't need to remove the rod holder insert, although this would have made the job easier. When I had the old pump out, I realized the band around the diaphragm was broken. New one was $144 on Amazon and then $80 worth of hoses and the check valve later, I was in business.

If you don't remove the fishing rod holder insert, prepare to crawl like a rat under the help seat over the holding tank to get the hose routed properly. :cry:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
ccboater
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ccboater »

carolmarie wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:18 pm Please tell me how. Don.
I just removed my cover a couple days ago - 4 screws and it popped right off. Getting ready to order the replacement cover which is on sale at Defender (https://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?id=149553).

IMG_3323.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
ccboater
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ccboater »

ccboater wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:10 pm
carolmarie wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:18 pm Please tell me how. Don.
I just removed my cover a couple days ago - 4 screws and it popped right off. Getting ready to order the replacement cover which is on sale at Defender (https://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?id=149553).

IMG_3323.jpeg
I installed my replacement cover today and it fit perfect. It's a little too shiny - it makes the rest of my boat look even dirtier :) It came with a new rubber "gaiter", but that looked like it would be more complicated to replace and the existing one seemed fine.
IMG_3878.jpeg

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”