• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wiring Run For Radar Mast

jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wiring Run For Radar Mast

Post by jumpjet231 »

I am finally going to replace all my electronics this year and plan on replacing my stainless arch with a mast. However, I pulled off the starboard trim piece that holds the curtains expecting to see a channel for wiring and there is none. For those of you that have the 28 with a radar mast, where is the wiring run? Hopefully they didn't use a Mr Potatohead raceway channel fastened to the cockpit ceiling. There's a channel run from forward to my cockpit light but that would put the mast too far forward on the roof.
Thanks!
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"
efishnsea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Staten Island NY

Re: Wiring Run For Radar Mast

Post by efishnsea »

I just did that job. Its a very tight fit and the wiring on my boat went up on the starboard side very back corner. I have the arch on my boat.
Bob 2001 28 TE box with 370 Cummins Alimarie3
GSSeattle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina (Anacortes, WA)

Post by GSSeattle »

I have a mast on mine mounted on the back edge of the pilot house roof, and yes, the wiring is run under the plastic/starboard trim on the aft edge of the pilot house ceiling. I believe the wiring goes from the panel, under the deck, then it comes up the starboard side back corner of the pilot house (haven't pulled that panel yet to confirm)
Greg

2000 Albin 28 TE "Turtle Express"
GSSeattle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina (Anacortes, WA)

Post by GSSeattle »

Wire runs:
AlbinWireRun.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Greg

2000 Albin 28 TE "Turtle Express"
Wfmdfm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wareham ma

Post by Wfmdfm »

The cables that lead to my radar start you the front windshield. That’s where my display is. They then run from starboard to port in a channel along the windshield. There are access ports. Then the cables run aft thru a channel along the port side above the window. The channel meets the radar arch and they enter there.
2000 28 TE Yanmar 300 6LP-STE
jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jumpjet231 »

Thanks. Think I'll stick with the arch and treat myself to a FLIR instead.
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”