• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

35TE - how many are flybridge?

Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: 35TE - how many are flybridge?

Post by Pitou »

DougSea wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:36 pm A very late reply (Hi everyone!) but wanted to add my 2 cents...

Do you have an issue with stability at all speeds? Or just when cruising? I've found that our 35, with flybridge, is really comfortable at 20kn, and not so much as you increase past 23/24kn.

We have a soft top and I really think it's just a case of the boat being a bit unstable as she lifts more of the hull out of the water at speed. My - some time in the near future - solution will hopefully be an auto-tab control install.
Nice to see you around Doug.

The ZipWake system looks very interesting. A couple of new downeast builds on the Downeast Boat Forum have implemented them and they have been very happy. I believe that they're something to look into.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: 35TE - how many are flybridge?

Post by DougSea »

Pitou wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:48 pm
Nice to see you around Doug.

The ZipWake system looks very interesting. A couple of new downeast builds on the Downeast Boat Forum have implemented them and they have been very happy. I believe that they're something to look into.
Thanks Kevin!

The Zipwake is what got me re-interested in this type of control. I saw a demo at the Norwalk Boat Show in 2019 and it looked really interesting. Of course that would mean removing the existing tabs and a bunch of rework - so if anything happens this year it would be an update to my existing Bennett system.

I'll keep you posted!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”