• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking to buy 31 TE - Is there a reference site that lists year/model changes? Brochures?

Wafflemoney
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Ferndale, WA

Looking to buy 31 TE - Is there a reference site that lists year/model changes? Brochures?

Post by Wafflemoney »

Hoping to join the family at some point soon and wondering if anyone can provide direction on where I can locate some literature on the model changes for the 31 TE year over year.

I understand that pickings are slim, though (fun example) knowing if a 2004 SE has a button that will immediately hook a fish compared to the 2003 SE, then I'd like to focus on that year and up. I always love looking at old brochures and comparison charts, so anything out there would be awesome. Plus, as an owner, having the factory sales literature is always fun.

I know many people may even have their own year's info digitally and I'd love to see that if possible.

Curious; What was the last year the 31 TE was built?

Thank you for any information and, again, I look forward to joining up some time in the future.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Looking to buy 31 TE - Is there a reference site that lists year/model changes? Brochures?

Post by Pitou »

Years built - 1995 to 2007. One built in 2008 by Bladen Composites (Shamrock) after they bought the mold and they called it the 32TE. Roughly 135 built overall.

The only real substantive change was that Albin changed the engine hatch and transom box/baitwell hinging. Early years the engine hatch was hinged forward with the deck tilting towards the bow. At some point they moved the hinges to the base of the setee with the engine hatch lifting from the wetbar area hinging to port. A better setup when trying to move fore and aft about the boat when the engine hatch is lifted. My '06 is hinged at the base of the settee (picture attached).

There are many differences from boat to boat as these boats were many times custom ordered by individuals and by dealers fortheir floor planning inventory. This often resulted in upgrades of equipment from toilets, holding tanks, cabinetry and more well beyond the basic offering.

There is some literature in the Document Library.

20180709_181610.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
gerber30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fort Pierce, FL

Re: Looking to buy 31 TE - Is there a reference site that lists year/model changes? Brochures?

Post by gerber30 »

My 2004 has hinges on the Port side like Pitou’s…
2004 31 TE w/ twin 370 Cummins (current)

Previous Boat
'97 28 TE w/2005 Yanmar
"Marianne"
Wafflemoney
Mate
Mate

Post by Wafflemoney »

Awesome info! This is exactly what I was looking for and appreciate the knowledge. I kind of figured there would be custom touches all over the place but glad to hear that things are pretty much overall the same.

Did they still call it an Albin or change to Braden/Shamrock at that time? Was there any known issues with that boat being that it left the Albin know-how?

Looks like my access to the docs section is restricted. I imagine I need a certain amount of posts here before I get access.

Pitou wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:21 pm Years built - 1995 to 2007. One built in 2008 by Bladen Composites (Shamrock) after they bought the mold and they called it the 32TE. Roughly 135 built overall.

The only real substantive change was that Albin changed the engine hatch and transom box/baitwell hinging. Early years the engine hatch was hinged forward with the deck tilting towards the bow. At some point they moved the hinges to the base of the setee with the engine hatch lifting from the wetbar area hinging to port. A better setup when trying to move fore and aft about the boat when the engine hatch is lifted. My '06 is hinged at the base of the settee (picture attached).

There are many differences from boat to boat as these boats were many times custom ordered by individuals and by dealers fortheir floor planning inventory. This often resulted in upgrades of equipment from toilets, holding tanks, cabinetry and more well beyond the basic offering.

There is some literature in the Document Library.

20180709_181610.jpg
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Brochure,
BE5F8D8E-16DD-4A91-98AE-6C29F916D12A.jpeg
5CD5D96F-B206-40C8-A0E6-BD0778F2B565.jpeg
55559159-8C09-47C2-ABC9-307ED5957BDC.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

Wafflemoney wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:06 pm Awesome info! This is exactly what I was looking for and appreciate the knowledge. I kind of figured there would be custom touches all over the place but glad to hear that things are pretty much overall the same.

Did they still call it an Albin or change to Braden/Shamrock at that time? Was there any known issues with that boat being that it left the Albin know-how?

Looks like my access to the docs section is restricted. I imagine I need a certain amount of posts here before I get access.
The name remained as Albin .. but changed the 31TE to: Albin 32 TE. I imagine that they decided to round up as most boat builders do.

Deck & hull: 31' - 8"
LOA with pulpit and platform: 35'

The Document Library is restricted to supporting members .. head to the store and buy something or make a donation .. then you'll have access.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13
Wafflemoney
Mate
Mate

Post by Wafflemoney »

This was parked by me this past week and it through me off with the '32' on the side. I imagine this is that last build you mentioned.
Albin32.png
Pitou wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:30 pm The name remained as Albin .. but changed the 31TE to: Albin 32 TE. I imagine that they decided to round up as most boat builders do.

Deck & hull: 31' - 8"
LOA with pulpit and platform: 35'

The Document Library is restricted to supporting members .. head to the store and buy something or make a donation .. then you'll have access.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

That's probably it.
I believe the hull was laid in 2008 and year of finish was 2009. It was first sold only a few years ago and the buyer had a ton of work to do to get it ship, shape including pulling the engine. I give him credit for what he did to put that boat into shape.
He then sold it only a couple of years later.

There were a number of the owner's posts here under the username "ESpiegel" here on AOG as well as his for sale ad if you care to use the search function for your curiosity.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13
deniseO30
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bristol PA

Post by deniseO30 »

I found a 28 TE on Facebook Marketplace I think it is still for sale
Last edited by deniseO30 on Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denise, Bristol PA, Oday30(sold) , Anchor Yacht Club, On tidal Delaware River.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

deniseO30 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:04 am I found a 28 TE on Facebook Marketplace I was all set to go see it and I mentioned it to a friend that it had the GM 6.5 diesel and another friend and I made an inquiry online everybody said run don't walk so I didn't bother going beyond looking at pictures.
If that's the Peninsular engine you're referring to, you'll find a number of satisfied owners here. People who don't own one don't necessarily have all the facts.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

deniseO30 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:04 am I found a 28 TE on Facebook Marketplace I think it is still for sale
If that is the one in Florida, it is sold.
(I listed it for a friend and forgot to delete the ad until I saw your post this morning)
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
deniseO30
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bristol PA

Post by deniseO30 »

Actually it was near Williamsburg Virginia I'll take a look see if the link is there
Denise, Bristol PA, Oday30(sold) , Anchor Yacht Club, On tidal Delaware River.
Wafflemoney
Mate
Mate

Post by Wafflemoney »

This is a great question; Is there something I should be looking for as troublesome for my next Albin?

Example: C-Dory used to, from what I understand, use wood in their deck floors under the fiberglass. They then used caulk when joining the fabricated pieces together, thus causing the caulk to give at the seams and water to get in and turn the wood to mush. This would cause the deck to be almost bouncy.

Is there a trouble spot for the 31 TE and if so is there an easy way to see if it has been addressed?

Nancy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:05 pm If that's the Peninsular engine you're referring to, you'll find a number of satisfied owners here. People who don't own one don't necessarily have all the facts.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

Wafflemoney wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:36 am Is there something I should be looking for as troublesome for my next Albin?

Example: C-Dory used to, from what I understand, use wood in their deck floors under the fiberglass. They then used caulk when joining the fabricated pieces together, thus causing the caulk to give at the seams and water to get in and turn the wood to mush. This would cause the deck to be almost bouncy.

Is there a trouble spot for the 31 TE and if so is there an easy way to see if it has been addressed?
No real trouble spots with the Albin itself. The trouble spot would be the owner's themselves .. ie; lack of maintenance, poor upkeep and the possibility of poor installation of addons in wood cored areas.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”