• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bus heater, anybody add one to a 6lp?

Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Bus heater, anybody add one to a 6lp?

Post by Jkraft »

As the title says, I have been considering adding a bus heater to my 28 for those cold fall and spring days. Has anyone added one to a 6lpa? I already have the coolant circulating to my hot water heater, is there any harm to adding a bus heater to that loop?
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Re: Bus heater, anybody add one to a 6lp?

Post by tego »

I've added a "bus heater" to my 27FC with the 6 cyl Nissan and noted no difference in my engine temp gauge. It was an easy install in my cockpit settee. I hooked it up in series with my water heater, with the bus heater first in line. It made it nice on the colder mornings last winter here in Tennessee, where I boat year-round. I got the new-in-the-box heater at a marina clearance sale for $25. Ben '87 27FC
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Re: Bus heater, anybody add one to a 6lp?

Post by Jkraft »

tego wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:02 pm I've added a "bus heater" to my 27FC with the 6 cyl Nissan and noted no difference in my engine temp gauge. It was an easy install in my cockpit settee. I hooked it up in series with my water heater, with the bus heater first in line. It made it nice on the colder mornings last winter here in Tennessee, where I boat year-round. I got the new-in-the-box heater at a marina clearance sale for $25. Ben '87 27FC
Thanks!
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”